Bugeyes Daily Driver 620

ok frankenstined 3 turn signal switches today just to get my brake lights to work, fixed the exhaust leak....had to reset the damn idle after words, but while I was under the truck i decided to see how the carrier bearing was doing.....or should I say lack their of :eek: all the rubber is gone, now I have to call my boss and ask him to let me work for the next 2 nights (I get paid cash the nights I work) so I can go get a new one

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok here are some pics, (finally got some batteries for the cam)

the old bezel

Dattobezel001.jpg

the new bezel-it took me 3 different trips to 3 different yards to figure out that there was a little screw that holds the gauges to the damn dash, so yeah I broke 3 of the damn things before this one:blink:

Dattobezel003.jpg

Dattobezel004.jpg

and the Unbroken glove box door:fu:

Dattobezel002.jpg

I think the next thing Im gonna do is fiberglass the dash....and replace the carrier bearing

Carquest can get them. and the cool part is, its a nissan part. i knwo because i looked at teh moulded in part #s and they flow with Nissan part #s. usually runs about $100. also if you havent already do the u-joints at the same time. that way its all good to go. AND if you need the nut for the carrier bearing Nissan can still get em. i ordered 2 at $3 a shot.

well, the time has come for me to take the a87 to school so I can rebuild it, and port it, what size do you guys reccomend for valves? Or should I stick with whats in there

• 1 month later...

havent done much to the truck in the last few months, the carb backfired and the engine harness caught on fire, so i made a new harness at school, the only thing i have managed to do is get the new cb in it, well sitting there lol, gonna finish mounting it later tonight

Dattobezel.jpg

Well atleast your going foward a little. Mines been a jacks for almost two years now.

Larry

well it only took me a week to build a new harness, junkyard runs for the plugs and all

That CB is Bad Ass! man.

thanks the cb is a export 10 meter/ham its a General AP Hill with the General Lee face plate, I am a civil war buff and Lee is my hero kinda

• 3 weeks later...

you take apart your spare stock carb just for fun, and since i have it apart, its soaking in the parts washer so i can put the shiny new brass into it.......i hate having late afternoon classes, im starting to run out of shit to do:lol:. on a side note, taking the stock carb apart was easier than I thought It would be.. once this sucker is back together and installed I will have fixed my big ass vacuum leak at the manifold:lol: progress is slow, but its only because this is my daily driver

The best way to clean a stock Hitachi carb? Throw it as far as u possibly can into the trash, Bushes, hole in the earth....... and buy a WEBER:D

wish i could, but the fucker has to be smogged...I hate living in cali

ok I know you guys have seen a stock carb thousands of times, but this was my first attempt at rebuilding one...and before you say "throw a weber on it" the truck still has to be smogged. Everything that came out of it went back in, but according to the book there seems to be some stuff missing, but this is not the factory carb for this truck, so im crossing my fingers, it ran before i removed it, so it should be good to go, but here it is all rebuilt and ready to install

CIMG3018.jpg

CIMG3019.jpg

CIMG3020.jpg

CIMG3021.jpg

CIMG3022.jpg

CIMG3023.jpg

• 5 months later...

wow, its been so long since i have updated this thread, since November I have Rebuilt the the entire front end, redid all the brakes, and swapped in a 5 speed from a 78 KC. I think the 5 speed came from a car though because the gears are long. I am loving the 5 speed because now I get better gas milage, I can hear my radio, and the truck no longer overheats from driving it around at high rpms in 4th...lol

• 2 months later...

just got back from the tow yard, I totaled the truck, keep an eye out in the parts fs section as I will be stripping what I need from it for the 521 and parting the rest, I am waiting on my dad to get home so we can go get her.

here is the only pic the tow yard let me take, it looks better than it really is, the frame is bent, the Rt rear axle is broken, the front a arm is broken...all from what I can see, more pics will be up when the driver drops it off here

IMG_0030.jpg