LI'l HOOKER 620

denmarkboy

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Copy that! I really don't wanna go firewall deep in this thing. I first got it thinkin I would end up parting it out. Between the cab being cut (badly) and the back being cut (badly). But there are just way to many cool things goin on here to part it out. So I guess I will probably end up takin the top off . I did a hard top convert when I was younger. But that was almost 30 years ago. A funny story: I was on a first date,I had my side window down while passing a semi going the other way. And the vacuum sucked the top right of the truck and it went sliding down the road. We went back the next day any got the top out of the ditch. The window wasn't broke but the drivers corner was a little tweeked. !!

And I would like to say sorry to any one that has asked for info or pictures that I haven't answered. I am new to all the forum stuff. Trying to keep my redneck card .! I've had it for 45 + years. But I will tech up here in a while and read all the past forum entries and follow up.!

Today I am getting that grill straight, those 720 headlights fitted and put a seat back in and go do some donuts.!!

• Like 1

Yes sir drum brakes. Even with new pads you don't wanna try stopping in a hurry,but its not that bad actually. And I am glad its a one wheel wonder. If this thing was a posi it would need a wheelie bar.

Didn't get to do any doughnuts thou, I seem to be having a ground issue with my fuel pump. I thought I was having spark issue,it started having a miss and and falling on it face when you tried to accelerate. Got it home barely,after letting it (me) cool off I installed a few pressure gauge at the carb( thanks Tony ) and found out the pump was changing pressure. No it is clean free rev.! I will shot a video today and post on you tube.

And gonna start with taking the roof off tomorrow. I am thinking about repainting the inside orange and installing diamond plate inserts on the floor, got get it all stripped first. I want something open and clean, no carpet.!

I have been looking thru a bunk of your trucks, would love to see them all in one place. How kool would that be .*-? !

We started counting the other day and we came up with almost 30 cars & truck all datsun that we have owned. I love toys,so have had many others as well. Way to many she says( I just finished a pre runner hardbody) never enough I say......anyway

Just wanted to say love this site, great job ! Look forward to doin some cruising with some other datsun this summer!

Off to the shop, and I will post the finish grill pictures shortly.

Right on..! So just looked up " datsun driving canby" and that looks line a blast. If I can make it I will be there. I didn't look up the next event date,but I will. Thanks and hope to see ya there.!

I agree ( suspect ?) I am quickly becoming very attached to this thing.

I never got pics up yesterday,but will today .!

• Like 1

Ok so I have decided to use a donor piece of sheet metal from a Nissan hardbody pre runner I built earlier this year. Pics of the tailgate, and the prerunner are below.

I am posting some pictures of a 510 that I built. It was a wreck when I got it.

I am also posting pictures of a 720 autocross truck I rebuilt from the ground up.

So just got some crazy tech info from Holly Inc, the 15 year owners of hooker headers. The headers in project " Orange Crush " are a very rare set that used to be offered by Hooker Headers. Some history : Before Holly Inc baught Hooker they made headers for every motorcycle on the road. Now Hooker only makes headers for Harley .

The closest you could get today is they make a set for a 280z v-8 swap.

So if I have learned anything today it would be....?... Shit was cheap back then.! They told me when they sold these custom fit header they would of sold for around $ 285.00... He said if he sold a set today they would be $600.00 +.

Just some crazy tech thought I'd share..