General Ree

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

theres a performance shop up the road from my house that has a toyota truck painted orange with the 01 on it. it says General TSO above the doors. it has ford 302 and 300 zx rear diff. pretty cool truck. i thought about this idea a little, but being in Georgia where the dukes are from it might get the wrong type of attention. of course both my datsuns are orange so the idea get thrown around by everyone. like i said home of the Dukes! there is a Duke festival every year down here.

does a rebel japanese flag exist?

that would be better :thumbup:

there wasnt really an official rebel flag since most of the rulers kind of had their own flag. they actually had a civil war too but once the war was over was when the sun disk flag was adopted as the national one and its since stayed that way.

but..... the rising sun is widely used in the bosozoku bike gangs all throughout japan so it kind of represents a rebel flag in a way.

What is that??? Did somebody already do Your idea???

Those rims were made, by the way, by Rocket Racing in Pico Rivera, Ca. and called Vectron 1 series. I have a photo of a few trucks years ago with them installed.

im sure its already widely done on many cars in the us. thanks for the info on the wheels. i had always wondered who they were made by. i also just found out that my dad had bought those wheels when he was 17 or 18 to put on one of his first few 510s and then passed em down to me for my datsun.

The actual General Lee wheels were American Racing Vector SE (series 47). But they were widely copied.

I badly need to clean them, but I have a set on my wagon:

78-wagonwheels03.JPG

In reality I have 7 of those wheels (all 13x7) but 3 DIFFERENT brands (the machining is slightly different in each).

thats funny in my quest to find a paint job for my up coming 620 project I was thinking of doing one also since about 2 months ago I grabbed a dukes of hazzard cap for my son and thought then and there that would be cool to do just that and my 620 to boot is already orange to begin with...

conrad

thats funny in my quest to find a paint job for my up coming 620 project I was thinking of doing one also since about 2 months ago I grabbed a dukes of hazzard cap for my son and thought then and there that would be cool to do just that and my 620 to boot is already orange to begin with...

that would be funny to see you driving around in a general ree

Hemi:cool:

HEMI why yes

No its not an sr20, too many and too boring, great engine but too many out there now.

Lets say it could have 3 triangles powering it but too damn expensive but would love to do it it someone wanted to donate one.

It does have a hemi head and will have a GT30 turbo to make the parts hauling fun

conrad

Hemi-powered Datsun

115.jpg

Did the General Lee have a 383 or a hemi?

Wayne Wooten actually got about 25 or so General Lees from Warner Brothers in the late nineties...All for free! He still has the close-up Charger, and it has a 440 in it, and was originally butterscotch or tan. The mind blowing part was that it has functioning doors. A good amount of the Chargers did. If you scrutinize some of the episodes closely, you can even hear the doors close when the Duke boys exited the Chargers away from the camera's view!

I say 383 for the win! That's the best Mopar motor built (next to the slant six!). Hands down

KFD

day before yesterday i went to my dads shop to check out all the sweet movie cars they had there. so i get there and he gives me the tour and during the tour im droolin at all the cars there and after i stoped ogling eleanor my dad says whats your favorite car of all i said the general lee he says come with me. so we go through the high dollar area and says help me with this cover. by that time i knew what was coming because i could see those american racing vectors. so we pull of the cover and im completely shocked and my dad say to me that this is the only R/T general lee made for the show so you know i had to get in it and let me tell you that car was amazing in its original condition

to see my dads shop go to

cinemavehicles.com