Bought a ZX and forgot about the permit

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can you research the measurement it should be on the a/c clutch? you might just need to change that, some a/c clutches can be replaced wthout removing the compressor from the car or disconnecting lines. There aren't horribly expensive either.

Dude, cool car i used to drive a buddy of mines like that when i was 18... I would work on his car and the trade off because he didnt have that much money was i could drive it around when he wasnt using it..

I saw your comment about a welder.. 90 dollars harbor frieght.. (correction i didnt realize it only displayed 3 pages out of a time, that must have been a while ago, doesnt change anything though a welder is like the key to making anything you want) it wont do frames but its good for sheet metal and such. I built brackets for my rear seats and for my electronics with it and it worked really well.. that was on my previous e30 318is project.

I just got a Z today!!!! Im excited, glad there is another z here also... I decided against the more traditional z forums because they call what im going to do to mine blasphamy to the datsun gods.. So Im here...

Car looks good man...

Damon

• Like 1

Nah a small 110v welder is perfect for small projects such as welding sheet metal every now n then. If u get into gas it get more complicated when all you really need is a 110volt welder w some flux core. Besides all you need to do is spot weld sheet metal. I weld all day w a miller wire welder w argon and its a beast but its way to much for a one or two time use.

• Like 1

Nah a small 110v welder is perfect for small projects such as welding sheet metal every now n then. If u get into gas it get more complicated when all you really need is a 110volt welder w some flux core. Besides all you need to do is spot weld sheet metal. I weld all day w a miller wire welder w argon and its a beast but its way to much for a one or two time use.

Yeah i just started welding and the only thing i recommend is getting better cord.. the Harbor Freight cord sucks... It took me about a half of a day to understand exactly what was going on, but i watched some videos before hand.. then when i realized what i was looking at it all made sense.. I started making brackets and such...

A welder really opens so many doors, even for little stuff... I felt like i could change anything with a welder...

I Never had an issue with pulling the pump due to pressure on my 280z, and believe me I've pulled it a lot as well as the tank. Just be sure to clamp off the rubber fuel lines coming from the tank, tends to get messy if you let them flow with a full tank, could also drain the tank.

I Never had an issue with pulling the pump due to pressure on my 280z, and believe me I've pulled it a lot as well as the tank. Just be sure to clamp off the rubber fuel lines coming from the tank, tends to get messy if you let them flow with a full tank, could also drain the tank.

well, ZX sucks fuel from the top so I'm guessing I can just catch it with a pan.   The reason why i have to change the pump is because 30psi is waaay too much for SU carbs. 

get a mirror and see if there's a place to use a ratchet/extension/swivel/socket - if not, then you're going to have to take off the exhaust manifold

I'd end up needing a swivel-head-deep-socket-wrench lol.....  I don't even know if it'll turn.  EGR tube is stuck too.  

theres also the pesky heatshield that I have to somehow unscrew too. 

Turns out, its the EGR pipe thats keeping everything from getting pulled out... The exhaust bolts didint even have washers and was loose as balls.

anyone in Houston are wanna help me out?  
tried cutting it, doesnt work.  the intake side is rusted n siezed completely also.