Bought a ZX and forgot about the permit

You should try holding the 510/610/710 wheels. Hard as rock and about as thick as your little finger. Your hand get bruised from lots of hard steering. I have that model steering wheel in both my 710s and love the feel and the horn locations. Perfect.

yup... just because 1 horn isn't enough....   lets put 2... wait, one more just in case ... LOL maybe, they should have added 3 clocks, 3 oil pressure gauge and maybe about 10 speedometer. 

P1000438.JPG

"heat shield" : Finished 

P1000451.JPG

Cover up of speakers that I didint hook up.: "Finished" 

P1000444.JPG

Injector fans yay : Finished 

P1000454.JPG

water temp sensor ground switch: finished 

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oil change should have been done literally 5 min after you managed to get it to start and idle. I can't believe you drove with oil like that. As for the vapor lock, it has to be something else, like weak pressure in the rail or something. I went through arizona in 110 degree weather, stopped at a gas station to fill up on gas and drinks and was out of there in 10 min. Absolutely no heat protection and didn't even have a hiccup starting. 

Oil change should have been done literally 5 min after you managed to get it to start and idle. I can't believe you drove with oil like that. As for the vapor lock, it has to be something else, like weak pressure in the rail or something. I went through arizona in 110 degree weather, stopped at a gas station to fill up on gas and drinks and was out of there in 10 min. Absolutely no heat protection and didn't even have a hiccup starting. 

I put the fan back on and Its no problem....  and also, the gasoline was LEAKING on the corroded tubing right after the fuel pressure regulator.... I fixed that too so it should be safe and fine now, might as well take off the silvery heat tape since it looks shitty.

Slow n rusty rolls in 17x9.5 I think his look great if not one of the best.

there Rota RB series. Indeed that thing is amazing but He did quite a lot to stance the tire to the fender with 17inch wheels.... 

I went 15x9 b/c I'm too lazy for coilvers now...   maybe later *Mañana Mañana* 

17x9 front is nothing. Fitrs like a glove with proper offset. I'm running 17x9 up front with effectively -28 and 17x10 in the rear with -20. 235 up front and 255 in rear. It would probably be possible to fit a 295 in the back if you tried and got a proper offset (x10 with 0 offset or close)

WP_002159_zpsbd06816e.jpg

WP_002156_zps6064963a.jpg

Here is a clearence shot with a 275 tire out back on a 17x9 -3. You can see the amount of space between the coilover and tire, as well as the tire and fender.

WP_000038_zpsa82f702c.jpg

WP_000040_zps8e318564.jpg

lol, You actually had hopes up for slammed fairlady?

ta heck, stock monster truck ride height and My muffler almost scrapes the driveway....

I had hopes for a decent build, not a steamy pile.

I should have known not to bother when you said you wanted to shave the front bumper.

17x9 front is nothing. Fitrs like a glove with proper offset. I'm running 17x9 up front with effectively -28 and 17x10 in the rear with -20. 235 up front and 255 in rear. It would probably be possible to fit a 295 in the back if you tried and got a proper offset (x10 with 0 offset or close)

Here is a clearence shot with a 275 tire out back on a 17x9 -3. You can see the amount of space between the coilover and tire, as well as the tire and fender.

Indeed, offset is everything. but the deepest TE37V fakes I could find were in 15's.   

I might finally get tires this or next week still saving up.....   I went to about 5 used tire shop in my neighbor hood and none of them had wide enough tires.   

So I have to go buy brand new and yeah... cha- ching bye bye wallet. 

I had hopes for a decent build, not a steamy pile.

I should have known not to bother when you said you wanted to shave the front bumper.

pfft, see ya then. 

But hey, atleast I don't have MSA type 2 on.    No offence to people that have it and like it but imo destroys the body line.

and like I said earlier,  No bumper thing looked retarded than what I had in mind, I thought It was guna look awsome like slow n rusty zx. 

steamy pile indeed.  I should post less. 

You can't please everyone if that's how you think then you should give up on the Z, building a car should be done your way but also inspiration from others which makes funner.

When I had my Z my main inspiration came from when I saw Slownrusty ZX but money and time wasn't at my side never came close. I moved on to another datsun and one day I will buy another ZX and maybe do what I always wanted.

WP_002159_zpsbd06816e.jpg

WP_002156_zps6064963a.jpg

WP_000038_zpsa82f702c.jpg

WP_000040_zps8e318564.jpg

Yeah ZXs have a ton of room in the front especially in back!

You can't please everyone if that's how you think then you should give up on the Z, building a car should be done your way but also inspiration from others which makes funner.

When I had my Z my main inspiration came from when I saw Slownrusty ZX but money and time wasn't at my side never came close. I moved on to another datsun and one day I will buy another ZX and maybe do what I always wanted.

Well, I was slightly disapointed cause Ive always liked ppk's zx thats all. But I was set on a totally different direction from the moment I saw his zx anyways. Along with others like rusty, krolik, 270zx guy and awful hero.

But its not always the same though my main theme stays solid. Thats is to mix best of both world of traditional kanjo-racers, boso & modernized and cleaner look. Its hard to explain in words but years worth of plans are in my head already.

Enough with intro, I'll give it to ya straight. I never had intentions of pleasing anyone. Its my car why should I lol.... Plus itll be awfully unpleasent for someone to be rolling in the same car same style.

Looks nice ! I kind of like that big tire muscle look.

I'm sure those aren't genuine volk- am I missing something or where did you find 'cheap' wheels with negative offset?

Rota Grid-V or classic depending on country. 

15x9 -15 is the biggest offset they have.   

600~700 for a SET....

thats like 1 real Volk wheel...   Uno....