L-engine head, 4 cylinder

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The U67s were always open, so the A87 must be closed?  Junk yards sell heads for around $70.  Redbanner was offering a NOS U67 for $500.  Seems like most heads go for between $100 and $250 depending on condition and modifications and such?  It's not real great that the cam towers are off.  Some guys throw fits about that.

I actually have another thread going looking for a U67 head.  http://community.ratsun.net/topic/51985-wtb-u67-head/  Maybe Daniel wants the closed A87?  If he wants the U67, he gets dibs since this popped up in his thread.

Got any pics of the heads?  By good condition, you must mean that they aren't warped?  And they don't need valve work?

The U67s were always open, so the A87 must be closed?  Junk yards sell heads for around $70.  Redbanner was offering a NOS U67 for $500.  Seems like most heads go for between $100 and $250 depending on condition and modifications and such?  It's not real great that the cam towers are off.  Some guys throw fits about that.

I actually have another thread going looking for a U67 head.  http://community.ratsun.net/topic/51985-wtb-u67-head/  Maybe Daniel wants the closed A87?  If he wants the U67, he gets dibs since this popped up in his thread.

Got any pics of the heads?  By good condition, you must mean that they aren't warped?  And they don't need valve work?

If Danielc doesn't want either heads I have you are welcome to either one. I believe the open chamber was new (I had it on my l18 for 5 miles and swapped it out for a closed chamber) and I  don't know where I got the other its been here a long time. its clean but I don't remember its history. but this is Daniels thread and im in no hurry to move them so we'll see what the head shop says about his damaged head  being repairable or not.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.