New guy with a new 210.

RatLife

Hey all. Was driving around the other day and got behind this nice 210. Followed the kid over to the Dairy Queen where he worked and the rest is history. It wasn't for sale but I asked him if he wanted to sell it. He said maybe he did! This car is a rust free, 61000 mile car that him and his dad got from the original owner with 45000 miles on it. It sat outside behind a barn for six years before they bought it. I ended up paying 1500 for it. It is an a15 with auto trans and AC. Runs like a champ. Got the original window sticker and owners manual, etc.2013-02-04171332_zps6c32a63a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey thanks for the welcome. Yes thats an 08 Mini (the wifes) the color is called Oxygen Blue. No, I havent lowered the 210 yet! Was I supposed to?? I'm just an old fart who couldnt resist a nice little Datsun

My first car way back when was a 69 Datsun Roadster (1600, 4 speed) in school bus orange. My brothers first ride was a 71 Datsun truck. Wish I had them both now.

Part of me wants to desmog that 210 and part of me thinks I should just leave it alone. It is totally unmolested under the hood and runs great. Any thoughts? More pics coming later.

Hey thanks for the welcome. Yes thats an 08 Mini (the wifes) the color is called Oxygen Blue. No, I havent lowered the 210 yet! Was I supposed to?? I'm just an old fart who couldnt resist a nice little Datsun

My first car way back when was a 69 Datsun Roadster (1600, 4 speed) in school bus orange. My brothers first ride was a 71 Datsun truck. Wish I had them both now.

Part of me wants to desmog that 210 and part of me thinks I should just leave it alone. It is totally unmolested under the hood and runs great. Any thoughts? More pics coming later.

Get rid of the autotragic, lower it a touch and replace any needed suspension components. Do a light desmogging only (toss smog pump now!), it will free up room in the engine compartment and neaten the appearance some. 

Before removing anything.... do you have any smog or emissions testing? Will it have to pass a visual examination of the smog equipment? If the answer is no then you could remove some of it. The simplest thing is to remove the air pump belt to defeat it. You can unbolt the rest but I would advise keeping everything in a box and save it just in case. You do run the risk of pulling the wrong stuff off and making it run worse though so keep that in mind. As it is, it gives great mileage and pulling smog equipment off is not necessarily going to improve that (or performance). Oh yeah, it's a federal offense too, but who's to know right???

This is a plumb of a vehicle, I'd try to keep it that way as long as possible. Maybe lower slightly for a better stance to improve handling. Lowering will alter the steering alignment and that will need to be adjusted. Nice tires, slightly wider. Nothing wrong with an automatic they're just boring is all. Keep your eyes open for a similar year 210 standard 5 speed and collect the peddles and clutch parts for a later swap.

2013-02-10135827_zpsa0bed246.jpg2013-02-06152655_zpsb7d54204.jpgI live in rural Tennessee where smog tests and laws are nonexistant! Coming from 35 years in California I know all about smog laws. Also its only 24.dollars a year to register any vehicle in our county! That house in the pic is the house of the people I bought it from. I got 34 acres tk work on it here!2013-02-10135902_zps5592444d.jpg

the easiest way to get rid of the smog stuff would be to replace the carb/airbox and manis from an a14.  you could probably get away with leaving the head stock, but the one you have has the smallest ports of all A motors, so it may be worth it to swap it aswell

I thought the a12 rated at 47 mpg had the smallest ports. no?