Twisted Red 73

Morrisun

I pickup this 1200 coupe from the Skyline owner, it set next to..

DSC09255.jpg

DSC09259.jpg

His son done a 180 in a tunnel and was a bit twisted

PB211132.jpg

PB211134-1.jpg

PB231143.jpg

PB231138.jpg

The car was very solid and worth saving, so off to the frame straightening machine.

P3161204.jpg

P3161203.jpg

P3161205.jpg

DaveC and I did the work, which took about 6 hours to rough out- good fun!

P3161209.jpg

With the front fenders bolted into place, front end is back where it belongs..

P3161208.jpg

PB231142.jpg

P3161207.jpg

Yes, it has a ways to go but, better to spend some time saving one then cutting them up- if possible!

• Like 1
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The plastic grill did not fair well in the accident, what  wasn't broken off, was cracked, as far as the headlight, the surivor is packed away and I don't remember the brand. May just order a new hood, since they come in black from Nissan. As far as the color code-it is missing from the top of the radiator core support but, looks like #932 RED.

good job doug & dave! you probably know this already but a stud welder will work wonders on the rear quarter.  that'll bring it back into semi rough shape then a shrinking disc & you'll be amazed at how good you can get it.

mine wasn't that mangled but it had a pretty good dent to start, I did other areas with it that were much worse with creases like yours, in the end its got a very fine layer of filler & thats it.  Great job - have fun!

PICT0018-1.jpg

The Summer of 2011 I met the owner of the Skyline. He had pulled over on a side street to let it cool down from over heating. I about crapped my pants to see a classic Skyline go by and then pull over. Nice guy, we talked while he was waiting for it to cool and when I mentioned my 1200 he said he had gotten one for is son but he wrecked it, I got the impression it was totaled.

Great to see it's in good hands and getting a new life!

Stud welders are great when you can't get to the back side but I hate that they get used when you could have gotten to it from the back side.

that you Jason?  Northgate? & no unfortunately the 1200's still parked, I haven't swapped the cam out yet - been too busy with trying to push on the plymouth made good progress but beginning to feel guilty that the coupes still off the road.

what time & where at Northgate ?

Yes it is, you should come out this Sunday 27th, Northgate mall South Parking garage, 11-3.  (it is on the calendar as well as events thread)

If the Coupe is out than bring "Eddie Lawson" with you want to see one, it has been way to long. I used to ride a 81 GPZ 550 in high school.

Morrisun, did you get a chance to see his Skyline? Maybe you could invite him to Sundays meet or at least get him on the meet rotation. I am sure there are very few of us who have had the pleasure of touching, hearing and smelling a Hako in actual real time., and it is so close to us.

This would put a smile on any sane person face:

DSC09255.jpg

• 1 month later...