Morrisun

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Took apart the front strut assemblies and found something I have not encountered before..

P7190490.jpg

No not a 7" cut down 1200 spring, but this...

P7190493.jpg

P7190494.jpg

I am guessing that the reason for stacking "stuff" on top of the cartridge and below the gland nut, was to keep the cut down spring in place when taking the load off of the front end-jacking it up??However the strut travel was at the top and the weight of the car, even with the motor and trans installed did little to compress the spring. The rebound must have been a bit harsh! These are F10/310 KYB front struts.

YES!!!! you saved it!!! :w00t: 
i saw this car a few years back in Bellevue and loved it. Not to long after that i saw it on CL
when it got wrecked, im so happy to see it being fixed! :thumbup: 

Here's a pic of when i saw it about 2 years ago.
12000.jpg

That is so cool! Thank you for posting the photo. I have gotten WAY to deep in this car. The Flowmaster stickers on each door were hiding HOLES! Now I have replaced both doors welded up the floors with new metal patches, just finished install on front struts, 10" (cut down) Z car springs and about install 1200brake kit-I am a bit behind on posting pictures. Thanks again!

• Like 2

All that bicycle hardware is an impromptu spacer as the F10/310 KYB front struts are a lot shorter than the 1200 struts.

To keep the suspension travel in the working range of the strut cartridge the spacers should have been under the strut cartridge, but I doubt that the parts used would stay stacked if they were not on top.

It's amazing what people will do to fit things together...

I made my first pair of super short struts using cut down 1200 struts fit with F10/310 inserts from Tokico many years ago. Full droop with the short struts did not go down as far as the stock 1200 struts sitting on the bumps stops...