1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

Finally ready on third carbs ....about3 pm ...... Fucked everything up .......the red truck was ready then the head was off by 1100 am an reinstalled till the tensioner ejected the wedge ....... Motor out and reheaded as re timing chained by 6 pm...... Called it ...... More detail later I'm taking reds advice and no Datto Sunday ....... Put about 200

Miles on 32/36..... Tuned ok ...... Just loggin a few miles today ...... Sorry everyone epic

Project failure ..... Red I will come get that gear set next weekend if that's cool ? ....... Fuckin truck drives amazing with l20 5sp and 3.88...... Just wants to eat at 75 ...... All day ......suspension is silky and the only real issue is the front tires grabbing inner fenders ...... Already want another 3/4 inch up front....... Red truck needs done by 430 today for Hans to get to work.....happy Sunday go hawks ....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it was a bummer to not see you guys, and it's an even bigger bummer that things simply just didn't work out for you guys after all the work you've been busting your asses with. 

I was sad panda when there wasn't a single 521 in the venue :(

Still wanna us but gonna have to do work to the two sets I have ..... Couldn't get the idle sorted ...... Definately ran stronger on su's but I need to jet the low end inthe weber and I may get a better result.....

Nice car huh triple z ? I instantly pictured over riders on it ..... Nice paint on it but the top of the fender looked like a ninja mechanic worked on it with very sharp elbows ..... Lotzadentz.....

The red truck motor if what screwed us ...... We were just head gasket ing it when the tensioner sprung whe we were almost done ...... Were gonna do it in the truck but decided to yank the motor .....that was noon and I was helping and working on m carbs ....oh yeah and goldfish was already broke down with his fifth or so fuel pump issue !!!! I think the tank drag loosened sediment and has clogged theline and filters andpumps .... Repeatedly..... Secondly how does no parts store in Thurston county not have a l series fuel pump in stock....) I thougt it a a Matt callin and. Asking for the wrong thing but I called one and asked for a 78. 620 pump.....)they said we I ve have the electric one for it but don't show a manual ....... I just hung up the phone and assumed it was karma ........ Sigh

• Like 1

Yeah, Golden Gardens I believe. Im disappointed that I didnt make it as well. Ill be putting in a ton of work over the Winter and will come back out in Spring swinging. 

I just couldnt swing it this time around. Im sure Jon feels bad for not making it as well. I know I do, and I havent done half the work they did getting their trucks ready. 

Thanks guys yeah bummed ...... I wish I took a pic

Of Hans truck the first time it was I. The ground and driving ...... It was crushing how low it was ......as mine sits I drag the fuck out of

My rear crossmember ..... Drag it everywhere and even explode road reflectors

..... Red I will come get that gear set next weekend if that's cool ? .......

:rofl:

Ah,,,, yeeeeeah aboot that differential:  We never got any texts from the guy EVER (even though it`s not a fucking secret that every PM goes directly to that rectangular thing he is always checking ,,, and i mean always.. So we gently left it somewhere by that reststop coming outta Monroe yesterday ..

Halloween2013002_zpsde28ae64.jpg

Halloween2013001_zpsd4ff281f.jpg

If he drives real slow,,,,,,, he will find it.

• Like 1

Lol I spent a hour and a half last week walking the shoulder of highway 101 lookin for my exhaust tip off my motard and I found that bitch how hard can it be to find a gear set!!!!

it's like ten times the size,  I just hope he set it there and not chucked it out the window at speed ...

Maybe you should return his PMs or something (mine too while your at it) :lol:

No shit right?

Whatever happened to the extra collars that you didn't/don't need?? I looked in the back of the car where the diff used to be and didn't see them,, i guess it was just to dark .

swung by crown after Andrews and dropped off the gear set forgot to snap hans engine bay pics ... it looks good with all the red wrinkle......

null_zps36776c1f.jpg

null_zps7b1b5643.jpg

sighting!!!! anyone see what I see.....someones hungry and having wheel lip for lunch...gonna try this again with a better camera

null_zpsfc080313.jpg

null_zpsceb5665e.jpg

busted out a 60 mile road trip hauling about 800 lbs aluminum .. .air shocks aren't hooked up ..... only banged the box once on a bridge .......drug the fuck out of the crossmember several tiems.....and to the guy in the yellow Porsche ...I do apologize about the road turtle shower on lane change ...... but u shouldn't tail gate ...just saying.......I do appreciate the ratsun salute though !!

• Like 3

I meant the pic at the shop with the aluminum ..... ..there's only one datto in the wheel hub pic.....that was at 70 with my iphone........I wanted to zoom in ...but  with the camera, not a ill timed steering input....

did have some excitement...... had the steering wheel stop steering while getting off the highway ........turned to make a left the wheel spun and the truck turned a little, then nothing went straight even though I was turning the wheel .... I was going slow .....but having to tire kick steer your truck so u can push it out of traffics way .... well is more embarrassing then stalling your kick start motard on a green light......I fucked up the hub and it stripped out but I fixed it road side and drove it back to swap hubs...

thanks again redeye...... I owe u man .... and Andrew thank for safely transporting the gears for me ........I appreciate it muchas gracias

and thank u Donovan for first not recognizing me then breaking into your dads 510 to retrieve them ........sorry I interrupted the history channel pawn stars marathon...lol

cheater .... your a Datsun guru ... 610 trunk .... if u pan to the left or, could, for that matter u would see the rest of my irs collection ....lol so glad the trucks road worthy again ... still will put sus on them after I do some work and research about rebuilds .....don't wanna spend a billion dollars but definitely want su's back on there....they ripped....the weber needs some jets so I will start there ...... as usual with every  32/36 ive ever had stock the transition from primary to secondary is terrible and I can either run it lean on the primary or secondary ......right now im tuning it for the secondary and pretty close on the primary just alittle hesitation but runs strong on the highway ....... let me tell u the 3.88 with the l20 and 5sp are the ticket.......fuck it will eat at 75 to 85 and loves to just cruise 74 mph...all day .....anyway ... gonna help matt with the rats nest tonight and get his fuel system sorted... if we finish that quick I sold him my 620 5 sp out of my goon and need to pull the l20 out of the goon .......then its irs time ...... no shit its gonna happen ....its a roller soon we are planning to remove hans slate pool table from his house and transplant it in the place of my goon once its a roller.....make a huge toop for it so we can work on Ithen winch it up to reveal pool table light and the table ......but who cares abou tthat the goo will be a roller again .....my plan once removing the motor tranny is irs... then tranny exhaust tunnel then teds 280 5sp and l20 for now ....I need it a roller before xmas

• Like 1