GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK my fellow gOOnites. I know this has been gone over like a billion times on this forum, but this Inquiry is gOOn specific. I have 2-1/4 exhaust from stock mani going all the way back to cheap turbo muffler in old spare tire local. Its loud as #%*@ ! :o It sounds bad-ass. For a top-fuel dragster maybe :huh: I want a good sounding exhaust thats not loud as ...... What u got that will fit on the gOOner?

I alway ran dyno max super turbos and have always been happy with the sound.

Nothing going on in the GOON world, huh?

I picked up a 71. (thats why I have not gotten that mirror from you, I still need it though)

DSC_0146.jpg[/img]

I've been lurkin around here for awhile, trying to learn as much as possible but an introduction is long over due. I can't think of a better way than this.....I bought my first goon today!!!!! +1 for the Goon Squad!

it's a '70, with a 13b transplant. It has been a so cal car all its life so there is little to no rust. The guy I bought it from got it as a loan repayment and had little to no information about it. I'm guessing that a few of you may have seen it or know something about this car. I could swear I saw a picture of it posted on here somewhere while it was parked at a show. (a few years ago) You can't miss that red window tint. If you do have any info on it, I would appreciate it if you passed it along, either here or in a PM. It was not running very well so I just dropped it off with James at Krazzy RPM so he can give it the once over. Next on the to do list will be the suspension. It looks like the front springs were cut and the rear is blocked with no shims. I know, I know Moar Loar is always moar betta but I'm considering bringing it up a little and swapping the 13's for some 15's. Then just some minor stuff...remove the window tint, all the window/door rubber is crispy so that needs replacing, headlights, some guages....and the list never ends. Anyways here are some oics :D :

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

This is the shot I was talking about. I think that is my car in '02. Same aftermarket marker lights, same mirrors, same seats, same red tint with the stripe across the winshield, looks like its probably a rotary thenshiny510.jpg too. Sure looks nice there.....I got my work cut out for me......

How the hell did the p/o drive with that tint?! Talk about road rage, that red would freak me out.

Regardless, congrats on the new ride and welcome to the goon squad ;)

Later

Joel

I guess I can understand the novelty of having a very red car but I have no idea how they tolerated it, It's a little like being on the sun while you are inside. drives me crazy...as soon as I get the car back it will be gone. Thanks for the welcome.

DSC_0146.jpg[/img]

I've been lurkin around here for awhile, trying to learn as much as possible but an introduction is long over due. I can't think of a better way than this.....I bought my first goon today!!!!! +1 for the Goon Squad!

it's a '70, with a 13b transplant. It has been a so cal car all its life so there is little to no rust. The guy I bought it from got it as a loan repayment and had little to no information about it. I'm guessing that a few of you may have seen it or know something about this car. I could swear I saw a picture of it posted on here somewhere while it was parked at a show. (a few years ago) You can't miss that red window tint. If you do have any info on it, I would appreciate it if you passed it along, either here or in a PM. It was not running very well so I just dropped it off with James at Krazzy RPM so he can give it the once over. Next on the to do list will be the suspension. It looks like the front springs were cut and the rear is blocked with no shims. I know, I know Moar Loar is always moar betta but I'm considering bringing it up a little and swapping the 13's for some 15's. Then just some minor stuff...remove the window tint, all the window/door rubber is crispy so that needs replacing, headlights, some guages....and the list never ends. Anyways here are some oics :D :

DSC_0146.jpg

Nice goon!! What wheels are those? They look like rota's maybe?

Onetime,

Tell us about the power of the engine. has it been ported?

That car has been for sale for the past 3 years. I thought that it must be a dog, but it looks great!

Chumstone,

I haven't had a lot of time with it yet. I literally got it home, loaded it on my trailer and took it to James at Krazzy RPM. I talked to him tonight and he said he should have some pics of the work he's doing up on his web site tomorrow. Overall the car is in pretty good shape. Not sure why it was for sale for so long. I keep thinking I will find out sooner or later the deeper I dig but hasn't happened yet. When I went to see it the "for sale" sign in the window had faded to the point it was just a white square (that was my first clue).

About the engine: still has good compression, had a few issues that James saw right away. Nothing major, I think due mostly to the p/o's lack of mechanical ability. With the intake off you can see it has been ported although without tearing into it, not sure exactly what they did inside. James is guessin it should pull somewhere around 160ish once he sets it up properly. I can't wait to get it back, should be a fun ride.

OT

Checkin in

datgoon2.jpg

Bunchy,

congrats, and welcome to the goon squad from a fellow newb. Car looks good, Ive always liked the wagon in orange. Can you post up a pic that shows the roof rack? I'm thinking mine might need one of those.

thanks,

ot