GOONS check in

gokiburix

Yeah, it's a little different. I'm being a drama queen and will show it for the first time at JCCS.

The drama queen stuff comes naturally for me. :devil: :angel:

I'm hoping it's well-received. It's nice leaving the Sunny in the garage and having something different to show. I'm really looking forward to the show.

Plus now you can park with the really wierd people. :o

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats all there is here? 13? wow seems a little low thought it was a lot more

I know of at least one person who isn't taking their goon. I'm sure there are a few more, too.

Plus now you can park with the really wierd people. :o

I feel right at home. Don't you have to run around and do something to earn your JCCS Texas Ranger badge or something? :confused:

I know of at least one person who isn't taking their goon. I'm sure there are a few more, too.

I feel right at home. Don't you have to run around and do something to earn your JCCS Texas Ranger badge or something? :confused:

Easy there cowpoke. I just might park your ass with the rotary guys if you keep that up. :o

OK Duncan, I know who you're talking about! "I know of at least one person who isn't taking their goon." You happen to know of anyone that can paint Dat Goon before JCCS? :P

OK Duncan, I know who you're talking about! "I know of at least one person who isn't taking their goon." You happen to know of anyone that can paint Dat Goon before JCCS? :P

Regardless of the small paint flaws, you have a badass goon! There will be some there in much rougher shape, but we go and have some fun anyway!

Goon or not, I hope to see you there.

I will be there and my goon will be too. It will be the orange one in the parking lot! ;)

I've seen some bad ass cars in the parking lot at JCCS. They should have an award for the best car in the parking lot.

I had a great time at the show! There were SOoooooo many great goons! I also got to meet a few Ratsun folks I've wanting to meet!

I haven't seen it posted up anywhere, but Datrod won 1st place for best goon. Congrats to John on that. His wagon is first rate and always looks good. Lovely-Crucial's wagon is awesome, and will be the one to beat when it's finished. Pacific Coast and Green Goon's wagons were also great as well. I don't think I met the fellow, but the blue goon with (I think) the wire wheels is first-rate, also. There's some seriously great cars in that class, and the quality of the goons was amazing.

I wasn't sure if my new project was going to roll in under it's own power, but some last minute thrashing (along with some luck) allowed me to actually drive my new goon to the show. I actually entered it before it got delivered, and was just hoping it would make it :)

There photos were posted in the oics thread, but I imported a RHD goon from Australia. I have yet to get the Cal plates for it, so I rolled it in rockin' the Australia plates. It's a L20b with a 5-spd and actually running very well now. It was just barely running when it arrived, and the brakes are very shakey, but I felt it was safe enough to get to Long Beach and back. I didn't mean to be snobby, but with it arriving so close to JCCS, I just wanted to wait to show it at JCCS for the first time.

Here's a couple of photos, and I can get some more in a few days if you're interested in seeing it. It's got some problems, and I'll post progress as I go along. I wasn't planning on painting it, but based on the quality I observed at JCCS, I am considering it now :(

All in all, it's fairly straight and now that it's running well, I am a bit happier about it :)

Oh, there were a few guys sporting Hellaflush T=Shirts at the show. I got to get me one of those for our Ratsun get-togethers!

4985144393_7405af4119_b.jpg

68hs38.jpg

I had a great time at the show! There were SOoooooo many great goons! I also got to meet a few Ratsun folks I've wanting to meet!

I haven't seen it posted up anywhere, but Datrod won 1st place for best goon. Congrats to John on that. His wagon is first rate and always looks good. Lovely-Crucial's wagon is awesome, and will be the one to beat when it's finished. Pacific Coast and Green Goon's wagons were also great as well. I don't think I met the fellow, but the blue goon with (I think) the wire wheels is first-rate, also. There's some seriously great cars in that class, and the quality of the goons was amazing.

I wasn't sure if my new project was going to roll in under it's own power, but some last minute thrashing (along with some luck) allowed me to actually drive my new goon to the show. I actually entered it before it got delivered, and was just hoping it would make it :)

There photos were posted in the oics thread, but I imported a RHD goon from Australia. I have yet to get the Cal plates for it, so I rolled it in rockin' the Australia plates. It's a L20b with a 5-spd and actually running very well now. It was just barely running when it arrived, and the brakes are very shakey, but I felt it was safe enough to get to Long Beach and back. I didn't mean to be snobby, but with it arriving so close to JCCS, I just wanted to wait to show it at JCCS for the first time.

Here's a couple of photos, and I can get some more in a few days if you're interested in seeing it. It's got some problems, and I'll post progress as I go along. I wasn't planning on painting it, but based on the quality I observed at JCCS, I am considering it now :(

All in all, it's fairly straight and now that it's running well, I am a bit happier about it :)

Oh, there were a few guys sporting Hellaflush T=Shirts at the show. I got to get me one of those for our Ratsun get-togethers!

68hs38.jpg

really nice wagon you got... can you post more pics? engine bay & interior ..thanks in advance :D

68hs38.jpg

Hey It Was Great Meeting you and seeing ur goon. we're hoping on seein eryone on the next event. hopefully this saturday. its a big maybe for us. we cant wait for the next JCCS, hopefully we take 1st place away from john lol jk. but we all got a year now to get our goon looking better. and for us to get the headliner done lol.

Hey It Was Great Meeting you and seeing ur goon. we're hoping on seein eryone on the next event. hopefully this saturday. its a big maybe for us. we cant wait for the next JCCS, hopefully we take 1st place away from john lol jk. but we all got a year now to get our goon looking better. and for us to get the headliner done lol.

Hey No problem. :)

But mine isn't the only one you have to beat. And if I know Mark his Aussie goon will be pretty badass by this time next year. :cool:

Someone told me that at JCCS once you win your done. So if I take the wagon next year it will not be entered.

If I have the funds and time you just might see me rollin in a 620. :o

Hey No problem. :)

But mine isn't the only one you have to beat. And if I know Mark his Aussie goon will be pretty badass by this time next year. :cool:

Someone told me that at JCCS once you win your done. So if I take the wagon next year it will not be entered.

If I have the funds and time you just might see me rollin in a 620. :o

You are definitely done if you don't enter :P

So I just joined the Goon Squad, why is this not a sticky, I am on like page 40, but I figured I would post a picture up as a thread bump! Goons rock!

Sorry the color is so washed out I need to polish her and take more photos, also I know she is riding like a monster truck. I will fix that at some time, the problem is she is my daily driver so I can't just go pulling her apart, also the interior needs to be put back together.

4978684514_e076692303.jpg

nice Goon Aaron ! your paint didn't look washed out to me in your pic. my paint doesn't have that much shine,and my car sits stock like yours at the moment . i plan on doing a strut & brake swap eventually,but i need to fix all the things that keep breaking on the car first. i get the difficulty with your car being your daily driver ,my Goon is also my only driver. i actually have a bit more respect for cars that are primary transportation,than i do for garage kept,trailer queens,no matter how nice they are. I think that most of the Ratsun folks own/drive their cars,so you're in good company.

• Like 1

So I just joined the Goon Squad, why is this not a sticky, I am on like page 40, but I figured I would post a picture up as a thread bump! Goons rock!

Sorry the color is so washed out I need to polish her and take more photos, also I know she is riding like a monster truck. I will fix that at some time, the problem is she is my daily driver so I can't just go pulling her apart, also the interior needs to be put back together.

4978684514_e076692303.jpg

Washed out. What you tryin to be funny. :P Nice color.