GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those who missed it, here are my pics from the other thread...

Cleaning up the lenses while I had everything out:

(I used Mother's headlight restore)51y6qNblN7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

before:

DSC00005.jpg

after:

DSC00008.jpg

before:

DSC00006.jpg

after:

DSC00009.jpg

Installed:

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

$5 to look like a million dollars...Nickles and Diamonds!

-goki

• Like 1

For those who missed it, here are my pics from the other thread...

Cleaning up the lenses while I had everything out:

(I used Mother's headlight restore)51y6qNblN7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

before:

DSC00005.jpg

after:

DSC00008.jpg

before:

DSC00006.jpg

after:

DSC00009.jpg

Installed:

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

$5 to look like a million dollars...Nickles and Diamonds!

-goki

Shit man that is killer. Can ya come over and do mine Josh. :lol:

woodhatch007.jpg

Well I started my rear hatch today. I picked up 30 Pcs of wood flooring for $12.92

woodhatch006.jpg

woodhatch008.jpg

woodhatch009.jpg

I think it came out pretty good. Now I have to figure how to do the back of the rear seat. I was going to remove the rear seat but my wife said I should leave it. It is in really good shape. I think I have enough to make rear panels also.

woodhatch007.jpg

Well I started my rear hatch today. I picked up 30 Pcs of wood flooring for $12.92

woodhatch006.jpg

woodhatch008.jpg

woodhatch009.jpg

I think it came out pretty good. Now I have to figure how to do the back of the rear seat. I was going to remove the rear seat but my wife said I should leave it. It is in really good shape. I think I have enough to make rear panels also.

I thought about doing that myself! And then I quickly came to a realization that I hate slick floors in cars. Currently I have just the ribbed floor in the back and everything goes flying back there in just normal city driving. Im probably gonna go with carpet and a mat that I can remove.

Yea I figured that would be the case. So I plan to use some of that tool box liner stuff from home depot.

It's like rubber. Then when i go to a show or what ever I'll just roll it up and take it out.

Thanks Skib. Yea I don't plan on putting anything back there. Well might put a stripper or two back there, but only if they are naked. :lol:

• Like 1

WOW!!! That looks SUPER nice! Ok...I'll trade...I'll clean up your gauges if you do that to my hatch area!

DEAL? OK!

Josh.

It's not that hard. But my back is killing me today. I plan on making the rear panels as well. I started one yesterday.

You only need about 8 Pcs of wood flooring to do it. I'll help ya if you want.

more info!! looks neat!!

008-8.jpg

Sorry for the delay.

INFO: 2.4 TwinCam (revision of the Quad4) from a 2000 Olds Alero mated to a Datsun 5-speed. Build thread here:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/15889-just-another-wagon-thread/

UPDATE: I got the tune on Thursday. After fighting some cooling system issues it's now drivable. I'd say it runs comparable to a KA24de swap. It's a hand full and I'm thrilled. Please don't judge the install too harshly. I plan to drive it for a few months to work the bugs out. Hopefully (if I can pin down my painter) it'll be stripped down for paint this winter/spring at which point I'll declutter and simplify the underhood area.

008-8.jpg

Sorry for the delay.

INFO: 2.4 TwinCam (revision of the Quad4) from a 2000 Olds Alero mated to a Datsun 5-speed. Build thread here:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/15889-just-another-wagon-thread/

UPDATE: I got the tune on Thursday. After fighting some cooling system issues it's now drivable. I'd say it runs comparable to a KA24de swap. It's a hand full and I'm thrilled. Please don't judge the install too harshly. I plan to drive it for a few months to work the bugs out. Hopefully (if I can pin down my painter) it'll be stripped down for paint this winter/spring at which point I'll declutter and simplify the underhood area.

That looks like an airplane engine. Very cool. We need a burnout video :lol:

That's awesome, John. The wood if VERY appropriate for your car. First class job. Can't wait to see it at JCCS.

Thanks Duane. Yea I really think it fits the surf dude theme. Funny thing is I haven't been on a surf board in 15 years. :lol:

Thanks Duane. Yea I really think it fits the surf dude theme. Funny thing is I haven't been on a surf board in 15 years. :lol:

I think I have you beat, haven't seen a surf board in since 1991.

But it is just like riding a bike, you never forget.