Does anybody run 13in rims on their Z

Ukrarex

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheel gap is a serious problem, but I've always wondered what these flares would look like on a 240/260/280z. They would add so much metal, you could cheat the flare down and minimize the gap. 

402-2.jpg

What are the wheels in question? and depending on how wide you go, tire rack has a reasonable selection of tires, which are all pretty cheap since they are for the 13's

I see people posting that 13"s are easily bought at tire rack.....Well yeah if you are buying pizza cutters,,  but any tire other than 70 series are almost non-existent... You can buy 185/60/13 track tires for $141. dollars which i would never consider cheap,,and if you notice can`t be shipped to Wa or OR. . If you buy 13 inch rims try to buy them with good tires already on them..In case your thinking im just hating,, my son and i both run 13s on our rigs.

I have a pile of wide13s but like most people that have them stockpiled ,, would never sell.

Save yourself the headache and go at least 14"  ...which are becoming an endangered species too but there`s still lots around....for now.

185 is 2 sizes wider than your stock tire (165) though.  Stock 165/80 tires give you better mileage.  And they don't hydroplane as easily.  My Mom had 205/60 13s on her Falcon (back when you could get them at any store in normal tread, which was back in 1998) and the thing drove like it was on ice in any sort of standing water.  It's also why I sold my nice set of 13x8 Slot Mags.  Couldn't get good All-season tires for 'em, and I hate the stretched look.

I see people posting that 13"s are easily bought at tire rack.....Well yeah if you are buying pizza cutters,,  but any tire other than 70 series are almost non-existent... You can buy 185/60/13 track tires for $141. dollars which i would never consider cheap,,and if you notice can`t be shipped to Wa or OR. . If you buy 13 inch rims try to buy them with good tires already on them..In case your thinking im just hating,, my son and i both run 13s on our rigs.

Hoosiers are pretty available in most 13" sizes! Wondering why you cant ship that tire to WA or OR! I like that tire lots =(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've seen some big flares on Z's but when you get that big I would contridict the body lines and make the car look less authentic and more hotwheels in my opinion

Wheel gap is a serious problem, but I've always wondered what these flares would look like on a 240/260/280z. They would add so much metal, you could cheat the flare dow and minimize the gap. [img=http://gx61.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/402-2.jpg] What are the wheels in question? and depending on how wide you go, tire rack has a reasonable selection of tires, which are all pretty cheap since they are for the 13's
I've seen some big flares on Z's but when you get that big It would contridict the body lines and make the car look less authentic and more hotwheels in my opinion

Frank was at one time running 13 inch wheels on the front of a 510. He had 280ZX front struts on it so basically the 280ZX brakes. He had to grind down some of the nubs on the brake caliper to get it to fit. Talk about close clearance.

14s sound like a better idea.