i got fired from wal-mart. -__- {^__^}

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have large diameter tires the mileage would read lower that you actually went meaning your actual mileage is even higher that 42.5.

You're not getting 42.5 MPG. in a L16 521 with weber, 4 speed and stock rear end. A B-210 that weighs 600 pounds less, 200cc's less, 3.90 differential and a 5 speed barely gets that.

Might be worth borrowing a GPS to see what your actual speed is versus what the speedo says, my guess is they won't match. From there, you can figure out your 'real' mileage. I had the opposite problem with my Mustang - when my speedo said I was going 50 the GPS showed 55 and it was right around 10% off at every speed. The good thing was that my crappy gas mileage wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was when I added in the extra 10%.

Speedo could read 20MPH when you are going 50 but the odometer will still record the correct mileage. The two are separate. GPS the total distance driven between two complete fill-ups and work out mileage. Compare to the odometer.

Speedo could read 20MPH when you are going 50 but the odometer will still record the correct mileage. The two are separate. GPS the total distance driven between two complete fill-ups and work out mileage. Compare to the odometer.

Interesting - I guess I figured since they are both dependent on the same cable they'd work in tandem.

Ok so i kept driving after i topped off. Emptied the tank to E topped it off

329.6 miles from top to E

Topped it off with 10.35 gallons

329.6 divided by 10.35= 31.84mpg off by ten gal :-(

i think i might have read the odometer wrong when i topped it off previous time or typed the wrong number in my phone fat fingers and touch screens dont get along. But not that bad i guess im pretty happy with the new numbers i knew something was off.

Im driving this moment 65-73mph 3000+ rpms

4sp + l16 +195 50 15+ 70 miles per hour = 4000 rpm unless u have some retarded gear set....

is it hard to get going from a dead stop....u got to have something wrong....

so mike lemme ask u this if i have the wrong speedo cog in my 720 tranny and my 521 is reading about 22 mph more than im going it wont affect my odometer  and there for my gas mileage calculations are correct then and not inflated cause the speedo is off so much

so my my mpg calculated right now,   l16 5sp and stock gearing with a weber is 22.5 ... not bad but not great either.... i think a l 20 would make it better since with the l 16 i spend alot of time on the free way  at w.o.t

Ok so i kept driving after i topped off. Emptied the tank to E topped it off

329.6 miles from top to E

Topped it off with 10.35 gallons

329.6 divided by 10.35= 31.84mpg off by ten gal :-(

i think i might have read the odometer wrong when i topped it off previous time or typed the wrong number in my phone fat fingers and touch screens dont get along. But not that bad i guess im pretty happy with the new numbers i knew something was off.

wtf i want 329.1 miles on a tank of gas

What? That can't be right mike.  A cable is fed into the back of the speedometer off the transmission.  The cable spins gears inside, thus giving you your mph. And also some kind of magnetic pickup or whatever to show your speed.  If its off and saying your going 20mph, then 20mph is all the mileage will show, not 50miles in an hour on the mileage and 20 on the speedo.  They may work separately internal, but they are both driven at the same speed of the cable.

The eddy current speedometer has been used for over a century and is still in widespread use. Until the 1980s and the appearance of electronic speedometers it was the only type commonly used.

Originally patented by a German, Otto Schulze on 7 October 1902,[2] it uses a rotating flexible cable usually driven by gearing linked to the output of the vehicle's transmission. The early Volkswagen Beetle and many motorcycles, however, use a cable driven from a front wheel.

When the car or motorcycle is in motion, a speedometer gear assembly will turn a speedometer cable which then turns the speedometer mechanism itself. A small permanent magnet affixed to the speedometer cable interacts with a small aluminum cup (called a speedcup) attached to the shaft of the pointer on the analogue speedometer instrument. As the magnet rotates near the cup, the changing magnetic field produces eddy currents in the cup, which themselves produce another magnetic field. The effect is that the magnet exerts a torque on the cup, "dragging" it, and thus the speedometer pointer, in the direction of its rotation with no mechanical connection between them.

The pointer shaft is held toward zero by a fine torsion spring. The torque on the cup increases with the speed of rotation of the magnet (which is driven by the car's transmission). Thus an increase in the speed of the car will twist the cup and speedometer pointer against the spring. The cup and pointer will turn until the torque of the eddy currents on the cup is balanced by the opposing torque of the spring, and then stop. Since the torque on the cup is exactly proportional to the car's speed, and the spring's deflection is proportional to the torque, the angle of the pointer is also proportional to the speed. At a given speed the pointer will remain motionless and pointing to the appropriate number on the speedometer's dial.

The return spring is calibrated such that a given revolution speed of the cable corresponds to a specific speed indication on the speedometer. This calibration must take into account several factors, including ratios of the tailshaft gears that drive the flexible cable, the final drive ratio in the differential, and the diameter of the driven tires.

so mike lemme ask u this if i have the wrong speedo cog in my 720 tranny and my 521 is reading about 22 mph more than im going it wont affect my odometer  and there for my gas mileage calculations are correct then and not inflated cause the speedo is off so much

so my my mpg calculated right now,   l16 5sp and stock gearing with a weber is 22.5 ... not bad but not great either.... i think a l 20 would make it better since with the l 16 i spend alot of time on the free way  at w.o.t

What? That can't be right mike. A cable is fed into the back of the speedometer off the transmission. The cable spins gears inside, thus giving you your mph. And also some kind of magnetic pickup or whatever to show your speed. If its off and saying your going 20mph, then 20mph is all the mileage will show, not 50miles in an hour on the mileage and 20 on the speedo. They may work separately internal, but they are both driven at the same speed of the cable.

I said it's possible to have a speedo read wrong yet the mileage is unaffected. An example is the needle sticks at 20 MPH and won't go higher. The odometer will still read correct mileage.

Having a different pinion gear or changing the transmission with an unknown gear, over size tires or a differential gear change will change things.

Having a pinion with fewer teeth on it will make it spin faster per turn of the transmission and in turn the speedo and odometer will read higher and further mileage than actually traveled. The stock pinion on an L16 521 is 17 tooth.and the rear end ratio is 4.375. I haven't seen any pinions below 16 tooth and that only a 6.6% difference in mileage or going 100 miles but reading 106.6 miles.

As I understand (getting back to the original post) that the last page on

a Walmart job application,is an application to apply for welfare for benefits.

Am I wrong? If not,why do us honest,taxpaying citizens,have to subsidise

their low prices,while the Waltons are the richest people in the USA?

- Doug 

This company is stupid. The further away it is to home office which is in like uhh idk somewhere in bum fuck egypt. The more corrupt it is.

for instance they cry about not having hours to give the other associates. Right?

well us who are cut down to 7 people and are part time get 40hours a week. And they try to call us in on our days off. But hold on a sec i thought they didnt have hours????

Ok secondly working 6 weeks at 40+ hours a week automatically make you a full timer at walmart so says policy. But these assholes will work us 4 weeks at 40 hours on the 5th week take it down to 32 and wont even try to call us in if they are shorthanded. Hence restarting the 6 week cycle.

Overnight stockers need 15-23 people stocking at night. The store i got fired from has 10 tops for overnight stockers. And they expect them to finish stocking al new freight in all departments amd pull all overstock back by 7am.

On my evaluation i got 2good point out of 6 total to get a raise. Which were exelent achiever on copleteing the assigned task in time and exelent customer service. Yet they refused to give me a raise. What kind of b.s. Is that if i get the job done in time wtf is the issue???!?!!