Craigslist wheelin and dealins! lets hear your hustle!

I just got off work for the weekend this morning and I just had to tell it. I started with a GE HE washer for $40 from CL about a month ago, dude said it wouldn't drain. So I take it home, open the panel and clear the drain filter and it worked like a charm. Last week I found an LG Tromm dryer on a pedestal for $150, I go and get it and he let me have the washer too. Replaced the drain pump ($56 shipped) now both work great! found the remote monitor for $23 on Ebay. Then I sold the GE for $300 on CL this morning, so I paid back my Sister for the $200 I borrowed to get the LG's. Then I picked up a $250 Wagner power pro airless paint sprayer NIB with the other $100 that I found in the tool section of CL earlier this morning! Now I can get back to finish painting the house!! It has been one hell of a day! So what hustles have you guys hit lately?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its been a while but a while back a guy showed up to work and he had stopped at a yard sale on the way to work ( i was working nights) and he bought a little ktm 50 for 50 bucks. it needed some work and he was afrad his wife would be upset about him spending money on a broken bike for his grand kids who couldnt even walk yet, so i said i would give him 50 for it. get it home and clean it up, runs great. so i was searching craigslist and came across a full size gmc jimmy the guy said he was moving and couldnt take it with him, so i offered a trade. next thing you know i am driving home in a lifted 4 wheel drive jimmy. well the tranny didnt shift so well so i put an add on craigslist looking for a tranny. a gut calls me up and says he has one it has a shift kit works fine etc, $200 bucks, oh and you can drive it home. so i say drive it home? ya its still in a suburban. ok so 200 bucks later i am driving home in a 4 wheel drive 3/4 ton suburban. rusted worse than my 510! so i pull the motor tranny trans case etc and off the parts i dont need for $750 and scrap the rest for $50. i put the tranny in the jimmy and sold that for $1500. soi took that money and bought a 720 4x4. drove that for a couple years.

• Like 1

I have a buddy who works as a maintenance engineer for Bimbo Bakeries (Orowheat). He hooked me up with some random steel that had accumulated over the years; I beams, bar stock, large square tube -- all in 8-12' lengths. I hauled it home on my flatbed trailer and immediately posted a list on CL. Over the last few months I've made close to $1000. Not too bad for $10 in gas and an hour of my time. Some was "reinvested" on CL and the rest pays bills.

A while Back I picked up a Apple laptop with a broken screen for 125, Fixed it for 60, was in it 185 sold it for 550. Then found a 80 Corolla wagon for 600 then sold it for 1500. After that bought my 510 wagon for 800 and Had some money left over...

Did the same with a Samsung front load washer and drier. Drier was listed for 300. I went to looks at them and washer was there and inop. They said the washer wouldn't drain or spin and said I could have it for free with the drier. Bought them both for 300. Brought it home and cleaned the drain and fired it up.. And has worked great ever since. 1400 washer drier set for 300. That's a deal.

Bought a broken Xbox for $50 and repaired the heat sync for $5. Still works like new.

• Like 1

kawasaki bayou 220 4 wheeler for an 81 f100 junker

81 f100 junker for a nice 75 longbed 620

75 longbed 620 for a heavily modded 08' Yamaha zuma and a new 50cc chinese moped.

Blew up the zuma, still have it. Sold the chinese moped for 500$

Paid 300$ for a 77' 620 kc and 79' 620. Daily drive the kc and parted/scrapped the 79 for 525$~ Still have parts leftover.

And tonight I'm working out a deal to trade my useless jon boat for an 82' civic.

no hustle but constant searching of OKC and Tulsa CL for the word "Datsun" turned up a set of $100 1982 280zx 15' swazi rims like two minutes after the dude posted 'em. they were about two hours away from my house and I probably ate up in gas what I saved on the crazy low price of the rims but I still call it a CL bargain!