SWDP 6th annual Bar-B-Que

Steroid

I am going to start very early this time for August 2013 ! ! !

It looks like the weekend of the 23rd, 24th and 25th once again at the historic Wigwam Motel. We can begin reserving rooms January 1st. The same website as before:

http://wigwammotel.com/

909-875-3005

Place in reservation note that You are attending SWDP event. I am hopeful that now You have seen the location this year, You will want to reserve early. Remember, Your card will NOT BE BILLED now, it is merely to hold the room.

There are thoughts this year of having a Van Halen tribute band. This is only workable if We can charge each person in attendance. If not, I would be VERY PLEASED to have the same band once again that We had this year ! ! Please let Us know Your thoughts.

Also, as before, for those of You attending from long distance, You can fly into/out of Ontario Airport. One of Us can pick You up or drop You off.

I will be starting shortly on the flyer and t-shirt designs.

So, let the planning begin ! ! !

Thanks ! Mike

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The flyers are finally done. If I did this correctly You should be able to copy and print them out. Please distribute. If I did this wrong please let Me know and I will try to correct it.

SWDP1-1_zps52b66383.jpg

Also, PLEASE start booking Your rooms ! ! This helps out Kumar and gives Us an idea of who is coming. Don't forget that if You live out of area one of Us can pick You up/drop You off at Ontario Airport. The Wigwam Motel's number is 909-875-3005. Please tell them You will be staying at the SWDP Bar-B-Que. THANKS ! !

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I have been in discussion for 2 days with Kumar. He needs a verbal confirmation from ALL of You that will be getting rooms. This MUST BE DONE in the next few days per His request. If You have either not reserved Your wigwam or not spoken with Him recently, You MUST call Him soon. Please remember that Your card will not be charged until You arrive. There should only be 8 rooms left from information I have. If they are not reserved soon, He will release them to the public and You will miss out. 

Wigwam Motel   909-875-3005

Thanks guys ! !  I talked to Kumar about an hour ago and reservations have been cleared up. Apparently there were duplicate lists and this has been rectified. 

ALSO>>>>>>>>>>>>> I just ordered the t-shirts. Final artwork will be done by next week and then printing done. I went with the usual order so if any of You need something different/special like a tanktop, long sleeve or anything smaller than a large or larger than a XXL, please let Me know. I will post the artwork when complete. Thanks again ! !

• 2 weeks later...

The t-shirts designs just arrived. There will be a voting session on which one makes the final "cut" and printing done early next week ! !

Also, any of You that can find DRIVE MAGAZINE, please try to see if Our event was listed in it. It should be in a few other magazines including Mini Truckin'.

See You all in a few weeks !  !  !  

• 3 weeks later...

Ive seen the shirt designs & they look great. TY Mike for doing them again this year. Remember Saturday is the day we'll bbq then that evening enjoy the band. TY to Derek & Super harry for making the event that much kooler with live music. Just about a month to go...see you guys then !

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a pic of this years t-shirts. This shows both the front design, which is the SWDP banner taken at WCN next to the Colorado River and the back, of the Fontana Datsun building with the original club, So. Cal. Datsun Pickups, lined up in late 1974. The lettering was done in the sky area in blue and in the pavement area in black.

P1010767_zps06136f58.jpg

22 more days to go ! ! !

Also Dats So Cal has said that He will be bringing rubber window gaskets, seals and such this year. 

http://www.driveonline.com/ai1ec_event/south-west-datsun-pickups-6th-annual-bar-b-que/?instance_id=849