4x4 620 PHOTO GALLERY

BEEBANI

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

620 KC cab and bed should fit the '80-'82 720 KC 4X4 frame. For best results it should be KC to KC.

If you don't mind some minor cutting and welding, the 620 KC will also fit the 720 reg cab long wheelbase (long bed). The front two box mounts can be cut off and moved (about 9.5") back under the 620 bed and welded back onto the frame... or just left.

I used an '82 reg cab long wheelbase to put my 620 KC onto. It was a 2wd frame but the 4X4 and 2wd bodies and boxes are the same so the mount holes will be too.

Now I know this worked for me and fit good except for the two box mounts. But I only have the FSM for an '84 and there, the frames have what looks like two extra mounts under the front of the cab and the bolt spacing seems different for the box. This would indicate to me that there are some slight mounting differences starting in the '83 and continuing up. Do-able though I think.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm kinda old and when I was in high school there wasnt many 4x4 mini trucks(Toyotas just started making them), so datsuns and other trucks were converted using jeep axles. I saw a nice datsun 4x and said I have to build one. I love fabrication and anything that is unique. Like when I see a truck on the street that has four link rear suspension or anything like that. It shows that some one had the balls to build it and make it work. Good stuff!!!!

nice old photos , brings me back to my high school days when these were built , my 620 was built buy LOW industries Spencer LOW off road racing champ, I removed the Dana 30 and instaled Dana 44 coil spring cut the front and rear down to fit. its under construction for the past 17 years .I have a late model Chevy 4.3 vortec on the stand looking to be put in some day .tcase is from 1980 scout Dana 300 super strong

• 1 month later...
P1020067.jpg

P1020068.jpg

P1020069.jpg

Care to explain what this is? I mean I know its a 4x4 but, honestly, I think It would look better with big ass wheels and tires on the back and smaller ones on the front since the front end is out farther then normal. then it would look like an rc car. don't forget the big whip antenna.

Oh, and hey look everyone. Its a King Cab long bed. Although I'm betting it didn't come factory like that. There was an add on craigslist showing a "king cab longbed" in spokane, but its gone now. In which it was a king cab short bed because I'm pretTy sure datsun didn't make a king cab with a long bed. i could be wrong, but I havn't seen any. I'm pretty sure some one put this one together from two trucks.

stomper-01.jpg

Edited by LCDC
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Oh, and hey look everyone. Its a King Cab long bed. Although I'm betting it didn't come factory like that. There was an add on craigslist showing a "king cab longbed" in spokane, but its gone now. In which it was a king cab short bed because I'm pretTy sure datsun didn't make a king cab with a long bed. i could be wrong, but I havn't seen any. I'm pretty sure some one put this one together from two trucks.

stomper-01.jpg

there is a whole thread on this truck explaining where it came from. It belongs to a member here.

and thanks Shaggs, that truck will look much better in about another year. it is currently under the knife.