Resuced 4 Door

imtb

I got out of 510's for a little while after my wagon sold off all my stuff and mentioned on Drit tracker I was looking for another one. He told me about this one on the CL's and I went and checked it out. The I bought it from said he got from a feidl in Kentucky. I didnt buy it on the spot after seeing how much rust it had and wasnt sure I wanted this much of a project. I slept on it and thought about the 510 Keeper and how easy he makes it look getting these things back in shape, so I lowed balled and haggled with the guy and brought home. It never been wrecked and looked fairy decent and drove straight. This thing even had push to start and a screwdriver key. Nice. I drove it right to a body shop to have the rust delt with and got some panels welded but them the guy got hurt and couldnt work on it, so had it towed to my shop and started working on everything else. The pics will tell the rest.

The best I could tell it was never wrecked which I liked and it was L16 auto. I installed a L20b and dogleg from Yenpit and made sure it ran and then put the turbo on. Now its sitting in the body shop waitng to be painted.

Picture174.jpg

Picture173.jpg

Picture154.jpg

Picture155.jpg

Picture167.jpg

Picture164.jpg

Picture234.jpg

Picture238-1.jpg

Picture207.jpg

Picture239.jpg

Picture209.jpg

Picture210.jpg

Picture218.jpg

Picture241.jpg

Picture228.jpg

Picture229.jpg

009.jpg

Picture216.jpg

Picture232-1.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I Start Off Not Reading Anything Just Scrolling Through The Oics

...Cool Car, That's A Great Start

Hmm.. Already Started Fixing Some Rust.... Nice

Woah.. Pulled Motor And Resprayed Engine Bay!

....Wait... ZX Brakes??

Is That A Tranny Swap...Yess!

Holy Crap! A Turbo :D

In Other Words Nice Job Man!

• Like 2
I slept on it and thought about the 510 Keeper and how easy he makes it look getting these things back in shape

:rofl: that literally made me lol

hahaha its deff not always easy.... and its always a lot of work.

but the build looks like its comin along smoothly.... and I love the L series trubo :cool:

It's funny how pictures make things look so easy.. it's like... before... during... after... wow!! It doesn't show the hours your are sitting there thinking kill me now and busting your knuckles to fuck and all the swear words. Either way, it's always so rewarding when you're done.

I'm loving this build! Great save.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...