SWDP So.Cal. August get together!

I agree with Guy & Robert. This can be an annual event we do every year around the same time if this one goes well. And how historic is it that we'll be in Fontana..kinda like takin a time machine back & doin it all over again. To me it doesnt matter really what you drive. If you wanna come out & hang go for it.

Ok heres an updated roll call/whos bringing what list....

EZ-ups- Confusion, Chris & myself

food wise....

Jason-Plates,spoons, forks and Drinks! As well as Chips and dips and Dessert:)!!!, trash bags , napkins, some Music(I like 70's music:)!)and some beverages as well:D!

Brian [hang 510]-:D ?

Chris-10 pounds of carne para asar,salsa,guacamole,ceviche

Confusion-pasta and potato salad, sodas, chicken

Me [PCD]-hamburger patties, dogs & condiments & buns

Steroid-?

Stilltwisted- ?

Cmfmotorsports- ?

Guy grey- ?

SD surf- ?

Rivdat-?

BRE 510-?

Datrod-BBQ chicken & cake

Jrb10-?

Motivated- ?

Nbesheer- ?

Zendog- ?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mark i can't promise yet , but we may be drivin in from phx, with lil orange in tow..we'll let u know as time gets closer, and as u know we always bring the carne estrada as george lopez says,,:lol:, i'll get back to u real soon, we can get drinks also, soda , water, and an ez up, L8R tom

anybody has a large BBQ grille,to manage the ASADA,CHICKEN,DOGS,BURGERS,warmup tortillas,buns?.........:D

I have a good size grill I can bring. I'll have to bring my TOYOTA truck:(

My goon won't be ready and the grill won't fit in my Z.

But the toyota has AC :D As long as none of you guys give me to much shit for drivn a yota :fu: I'll bring the grill.

• Like 1

Guy, This will definately be one to remember:) The vision that you, mike and mark had is and will continue to grow:) This is History in the making:cool:! See you there:)!

nbesheer...im sure we will be there still at 1:30, will you be bringing the 610 or 280?.....hope to see you there:)

datrod, Motivated.....Yota's are cool if there being driven by Datsun owners:D!!!

Hey guy's! I can almost smell the barBque already:D!

• Like 1
cant wait for this, guys. We are going to repeat history. I wish we could cruise to some of the old "original" scdp hangouts

I don't want to sound like a dumb ass but what's all this about SWDP. When did it start? and I'm guessing it started in fontana back in the early 80's. Someone fill me in. I was into harleys and hot rods back then. Never would have thought about having an import.:eek: I was bitten by the Datsun bug in the early 90's.:cool:

• Like 1
I don't want to sound like a dumb ass but what's all this about SWDP. When did it start? and I'm guessing it started in fontana back in the early 80's. Someone fill me in. I was into harleys and hot rods back then. Never would have thought about having an import.:eek: I was bitten by the Datsun bug in the early 90's.:cool:

Ok John heres the short version..Steroid can fill you in at the BBQ. Back in the 70's when the Datsun trucks 1st became popular the biggest Datsun truck club back then was So Cal Datsun pickups. About a year ago Steroid, Guy & myself wanted to sort of "bring back" that club but we didnt wanna copy the name so we came up with Southwest Datsun pickups. We came up with art work which is basically the same as the old logo from the 70's & then made plaques/stickers to hang in the back windows. Theres way more to the story & possibly a few surprises coming at the BBQ so stay tuned.

• Like 1
Ok John heres the short version..Steroid can fill you in at the BBQ. Back in the 70's when the Datsun trucks 1st became popular the biggest Datsun truck club back then was So Cal Datsun pickups. About a year ago Steroid, Guy & myself wanted to sort of "bring back" that club but we didnt wanna copy the name so we came up with Southwest Datsun pickups. We came up with art work which is basically the same as the old logo from the 70's & then made plaques/stickers to hang in the back windows. Theres way more to the story & possibly a few surprises coming at the BBQ so stay tuned.

Thanks Mark.

Cool can't wait for the BBQ, I like stories from the old days. I hope they bring some pics from back in the day.:cool:

• Like 1

Hey Datrod and others................

To get the full SCDP/SWDP story and history, go into the trucks section and look for the thread "Southwest" suprize. The whole story is on there. I have posted a few photos here and there of SCDP trucks. Some are in the gallery section. Also, at least 5 SCDP trucks made it into magazines long ago.

• Like 1

Ok i talked with a few people who went to last years show [sunday] & they said coolers & food were allowed in if you rolled in & left your vehicle overnight [sat.] Ill find out if they will allow the same thing on Sunday. If not for those who plan on showing we'll have to roll in on Sat after the BBQ. Another rule they have is if clubs want to show together they must roll in together. For us it's a must to show together just like at Reso. This will be a historic event in Datsun truck history & there will be plenty of online mags. there .They closed the gates last year @6pm ish so we should have plenty of time to roll over to the airport. Dont forget we plan on getting a motel room so we'll have a place to clean up before heading over to Guy's. Ill update the list / do a roll call soon.

I wish I could go but my truck can't go on the freeway.

Hopefully I can see you guys at the Ludikrs show.I'll be there.

ya know O. C. if ya wanted to bring the truck, you can mapquest the address and check out the non-highway directions......you can always get there using surface streets if ya want....Hell, a friend of mine used to fear the freeway big time, so he always used anything but the freeway....longer amount of time, but it is doable...(just a thought):mellow:

Well, a month from tomorrow and We're on. I, personally, know nothing about the Ludikrs show except for coverage that I have in magazines that I own. I am guessing that as it is at an airport, there will be NO trees or buildings to escape the heat under. Do they allow Ez-Ups there? I can bring one. We will need LOTS of hydrates and shade if possible. Mark and I talked about rolling in a few trucks on Saturday and parking nose-to-tail to save enough room for guys on Sunday to park with Us when We re-position for the show. Is that allowed? Next, what is the charge per vehicle for Ludikrs? Finally, can We arrange for a vehicle, such as a van, to take those of Us leaving a truck overnight Saturday to take Us to the Motel/Guys? How many are going to stay at the motel? IE: how many rooms total do We need? If I were closer I would be helping out more on planning, but I want to take a minute to thank all involved for what has been done so far. ONE MONTH!!!!!

Hi Jason,

Mark and I pretty much have decided on the WigWam, but I have not reserved any rooms yet. As I discussed with Mark, I'm on vacation for 3 weeks and not really sure yet what day I will come down. The WigWam fills a void that I try to fill anytime I am on vacation which is: You only live once, do something INTERESTING!!! The WigWam is a Route 66 icon and also in the area where SCDP years ago drove around. So that is point #1. #2 is that it has a pool. #3 is security. Not many people are going to be "loitering" around the WigWam and when I stopped by to look at it, I saw "one way in and one way out" which fits My security concerns. Larger motels on the weekends attract tweekers and such looking for $$$$ that can be trafficked fast. Next, #4, is price. Not bad if 2 or 3 people can fit in a room. Next, #5, is photo op for Our Datsuns. When was the last time, if ever, a group of Datsuns circled the WigWam?!?! That is bound to make a few nice photos!! Lastly, the lady at the front watches EVERYTHING. We should not have any worrys about Our trucks or belongings I am guessing. Let Me know what You guys think. It seems like a cool, once in a lifetime thing to Me, but I am workable to what the rest of You guys want. That's My 2 cents!!