well im the pround owner of a 510 wagon

jesusno2

bought it tonight no rust that i can find and super straight body everything is their including to extra front seats complete car gonna need some serious tlc though lol but should be a fun project now all i need is a ka and a 5spd and some clutch pedals so i can ditch the auto anyone seen a 510 wagon with the shifter on the coulum? i'm a newbie when it comes to 510s so this is gonna be a learning exp for me any advise would be greatly appreciated

510wagon.jpg

510wagondriversside.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first plan is to get it to a pressure washer lol. i dunno if it will run the guy said he thinks the motor might be locked up. i tried turning it buy hand but the belts just slipped around the pulleys. id like to do the ka sohc swap just for a dependable driver but who knows i defenetley wanna ditch the auto. its a 1970 model and all the interior is in decent shape exept the front seats are trashed.

thats a great find, tell us how you found it and how much you had to pay for it. I wish there was a 510 goon around where I live, most of them here have either been demo derbyed or crushed. I met a guy that had 5 last year but he scrapped them for salvage - what a bass turd.

you wouldnt want to trade for a 74 620, thought I wood just ask just in case. :D

thats a great find, tell us how you found it and how much you had to pay for it. I wish there was a 510 goon around where I live, most of them here have either been demo derbyed or crushed. I met a guy that had 5 last year but he scrapped them for salvage - what a bass turd.

you wouldnt want to trade for a 74 620, thought I wood just ask just in case. :D

it was on craigslist i paid 500 bones for it i should be able to recoupe some of that prolly when i start stripping it of what i don't want right now it'll prolly sit till i get the parts collected for it.

anyone seen a 510 wagon with the shifter on the coulum? i'm a newbie when it comes to 510s so this is gonna be a learning exp for me any advise would be greatly appreciated

Column auto is a Jatco tranny.

Floor shift are Borg Warner tranny

What month and year does it say on the the door plate?

Column auto is a Jatco tranny.

Floor shift are Borg Warner tranny

What month and year does it say on the the door plate?

You sure about that? My 1st 510 had a 3 speed B&W auto with column mounted shifter...but then again mine was a 2 door, not a goon. Did this only apply to the goon or what?

You sure about that? My 1st 510 had a 3 speed B&W auto with column mounted shifter...but then again mine was a 2 door, not a goon. Did this only apply to the goon or what?

I had 2 versions of the tranny

1969 column shift wagon was a Jatco

1972 sedan has BW

It could be both BW and Jatco offered on both style.

Can't be sure on this then.

That's why I wanted to know what monthyear it is.

What year was your car?

Yea I've already been blessed with the busted bolt syndrome these old rigs seem to have.the only treasures I found we're lots of lava rocks mouse shit everywhere and some weird ass wall paper with naked women glued into the glove box (emagine like the adam and eve paintings) on the plus side I like how the seat belts just have those neat latches on them that's a cool little idea. Although I did find some rust in the back corners buy the rear hatch on the inside of the car. Sorta bummed me out but that's ok looks like I can make some simple patch panels their and weld em in.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the goon pretty much stripped down to nothing the only thing left is the dash wiring and front end.I'm going to go pick up a 200sx vg 30 and trans and some other goodies this sunday.gonna be getting the rear lowered today hopefully.flipping the lower spring maybe with some blocks for now. I'm also thinking that most guys complain that the rear of the wagon is too soft I noticed the front springs perces are all rubber mounted??? Is it possible to build new solid ones to possible stiffen it up. At least for body roll?I am also thinking a panhard bar and some sorta axle wrap bars to help keep the axle wrap down, and keep from bustin those tooth picks called axles.