Datsun Windshield Wiper Replacements.

Sup guys. How about sharing windshield wiper replacements for Dattos.

Snap/cut to fit inserts?.

Replacement Blades?

Complete bayonet/blade replacements?

Just put these on.

Brand new Pre Owned 21" jointless blades from a MB 380sec. They snapped right on to the bayonets.

They conform nicely and reach corner to corner!

I'll give them a 9.6/10

photo_zps870faf98.jpg?t=1351753564

Dat Wipeage :thumbup:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice swap find!

For the stock blades, I find the NAPA inserts are least expensive ($4 pair NAPA 762-3164). 5/16" 'universal' style snap/cut to fit. You may have to ask the counter man for them as many NAPA store don't put them out front. I have SSS blades so I don't really want to change the blades. Plus I sometime find new blades at Pick-n-Pull new sitting in the package.

No matter which brand I have bought, they only last a season (winter or summer). Anyone have the same experience? The car is kept outdoors.

I get about 3 months, tops, out of blades once fall hits. A set goes on around November, another late January or early February, and usually need to be replaced by May, though they usually stay on until I get sick of not being able to see in November again. My windshield is like sandpaper- original factory windshield with 300,000-400,000 miles. Cheap, expensive, doesn't matter- 3 months, they're leaving nothing but streaks.

Just put on blades yesterday. The set I got has clips to change the inserts, so if I ever find a place that sells inserts I can go that route. No stores in Tacoma have inserts.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they were just nappa brand. They worked almost as good as new. When they start smearing a little I usually use windshield washer fluid even if it's raining really hard and it seems to make them work like new for awhile then I do it again a week or 2 later and repeat. I've always done that and my whipers always last a long time

The biggest problem I have is after six months they stop "flipping" and start squeaking. When the wipers change direction they are supposed to flop over and drag back the other way. On saturday i watched it, if there was enough rain they wiped well, but with intermittent rain the skipped/ground when going one direction.

• 4 weeks later...

Armorall breaks down rubber just fyi. Should never use a petroleum distillates to lube or moisten rubber. 

I use Bosche, they dont last as long as some others but while they are good they seem to work great

While I was in Japan I was driving my mother in laws Citroen DS4 down the coast and didnt even need to use wipers because of some crazy coating that was on the windshield. It was like rainx but way better. At speed water was just sliding right off pretty quickly... I have been trying to get some here.