New 411 owner in New Mexico

Johnlorio

Just brought home a cherry 67 411 wagon. Interior is time warp perfect was covered since new. Needs a few projects done but an unbelievable original car. I'm new to ratsun but a roadster owner. I'm jazzed about 411s. will post pictures tomorrow. Car was owned by a teacher in silver city nm all it's life. Glad to see a 411 group on Ratsun.

Buddy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there to watch this beauty get picked up and brought home.....but my dumbass didn't take any oics :poop: . I will see it again for sure so I will try and make up for it. It is a complete car kind of a cream white with a red interior J13 motor with a weber swap and a 4 speed. Looked like it had the original bias-ply whitewall tires on it. Seller was a major cool guy with 81 720 KC that was super clean and we told him that he was going to Williams with us next year.

As far as I can tell they are pristine, I haven't taken the covers off completely but I can't feel any tears and the history says they've been covered since Mayme Duncan bought the car in 1967. The car isn't perfect (Mayme backed into something at some point in owning the car), but it is certainly in nice shape.

Great find, keep it stock would be my call. By the way, if you want to install a radio, the radio delete plate is a rare accessory so carefull unscrew the sheet metal fasteners that hold the plastic rods jutting from the back of the plate. Too much force can snap the rods off. To simplify things I installed an after market radio that had a built-in speaker in the top of the assembly. No additional wires to run or external speakers to find a place for if you don't have a dealer install kit. I tied into the cigarette lighter wire so that the radio would play without the engine running or the key "on". The standard radio hookup is only "on" with the engine running or ignition key on.

Thanks for the radio advice. I agree on keeping her as stock as possible. She is only original once. I think she had a repaint at some point. There is a small amount of bodywork to do so another repaint in white may happen down the road.

Except for adding an aftermarket radio, the only other change I made to my car was to add a JCWhitney LED third brake light to the rear window. Pure safety add-on, I got tired of hearing brake squeal and seeing panicked faces in my rear view mirror as mostly teen aged drivers found out that all cars did not come with high mounted brake lights.

johnlorio.....I have some part #s for you on tail lamp gaskets and such...gotta check on availability tho.

trashpicker......I looked for the 1200 today and picked the wrong street, going back tomorrow

Does the cover for the fuse box also cover the relay(s)? I have a Very thin lead on a coupe. Went through the neighborhood it is allegedly in yesterday at lunch and found squat....there were a couple streets that I missed, so I am going back today or tomorrow.

Why you keep posting everything twice......trying to get your post count up? :poke: