Pics of Customers car - SR20 powered 510 - Tucked and Flush

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man pictures of my car are appearing all over the place. Yes it is the same car as the Orange Cali coupe. I completely restored it, took me 3 years.

Thanks for posting this wiring specialties. If you guys don't know they sell some amazing harnesses for swaps. There kits are super super easy to install. Come with awesome color instructions with pictures, and clean up your engine bay ALOT.

And thanks alot James for the front glass, I'm sure you will hear from me again looking for another project in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Mrbigtanker, the reason I asked why they restored it was because the sale price when it was in Cali was over $30k,

Personally if I'm paying for a car worth $30k already, I wouldn't want to put more money to fix it up, maybe only enough to personalize the car, new wheels, powder coating, minor stuff like that, but repainting the car, changing out suspension not sure if it's the same motor, it did have an sr in it already.

Yes those GTUs are awesome, but I prefer 15" or smaller wheels on 510s and bluebirds

If you have the car, the money, the time, and the want.....do it! Who gives a rats-ass about what others think. That car is sick in blue. Hell that car would be sick in baby shit green or butt turd brown....

Nice Ride JD. Keep bringing in the trophies....

That looks a lot like Ted Lo's old coupe, it sure was nice in the Orange.....I actually went and met Ted at his place in Cali and looked that thing over good, it was really nice. A ton of work went into that car, then I heard it didn't fair too well on the track and had to get a ton more work done.....has that been three years already?? damn time flies.

just to clarify, I don't think the orange car is now the blue car, The orange car in the above posts was def Ted Lo's car, the engine bay was all filled in, no hood prop holes, no sticker on the wiper cowl ect....unless it got a whole lot of work done.....

Yea, I read that too,I remember this now, that orange car came up to Washington state to a shop to get rebuilt but I guess it was torn up pretty bad, parts were used from that car to build another coupe, i think it was then sold to the new owner in Texas. Looks like he did a nice job getting it back together!

Mrbigtanker, the reason I asked why they restored it was because the sale price when it was in Cali was over $30k,

Personally if I'm paying for a car worth $30k already, I wouldn't want to put more money to fix it up, maybe only enough to personalize the car, new wheels, powder coating, minor stuff like that, but repainting the car, changing out suspension not sure if it's the same motor, it did have an sr in it already.

Yes those GTUs are awesome, but I prefer 15" or smaller wheels on 510s and bluebirds

Its a awesome car i hope you did not take offense,by the way i saw it at sema in person and it was clean. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • 3 months later...
yeah deadthreading - so do we know if the blue texas car is mostly or sorta ted lo's orange?

seems like a few different stories out there

i heard ted los car was wreked beyond saving. now i'm hearing it just needed front end parts

any more info?

Yes Ted Lo's old car is now the blue Coupe with a new front end and is in super street

School is out :)