620 third member swap?

rome11six

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was thinking a ford 9" but didnt know how hard it was to put in and ya i have a ka24de in it now witch maybe puts down 160-180tq on a good day but im going in a different direction at the end of the month cause im still not happy with the power. the motor i have for it stock has 180hp and 230tq with a couple easy mods (that i will do latter down the road) and bolts on's it will make 230hp and 300tq. so i dont know if a stock third member swap will work.

uhhhh ok fine i got a g54bt that im puting in and im going to build it over time. i have a friend with three extra so why not right with 190hp and 230tq from the factory! :D

so for what im doing is the ford 9" the best route? anything easier? if so any build threads with a 9" install?

Thanks!

Shorten a D21 or Pathfinder. 4.375 or 6.625 both with LSD and they are larger than a Ford 9".

will the d21 swap right over?

Well I did say shorten....

I seem to remember measuring my WD-21 (Pathfinder) and it was 160cm or 63" WMS wheel mounting surface to WMS. The 620 is like 58 or so?

Are you drifting or drag racing this vehicle?

Eric is drag racing his 521 with a welded up H190 rearend, he is almost getting 90mph in the quarter, I have not heard of him blowing up any of his rearends, granted I don't know what kind of torque numbers he is putting into the rearend, but he isn't nice to his rig slamming it like that out of the hole.

The H190 is a strong rearend, I would go with it till you know it won't work for you.

Unless your running slicks and slapper bars, or are going to ladder bar or 4link, the tires will let go before the diff does. Next in line is the driveshaft or trans. Mine is ladder bar, with 8 inch hoosiers at 12 psi. I leave with the pedal matted at 7k and dump it. 50 plus passes. No problem so far

Here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc2dXjZvPRQ&feature=g-upl

• Like 1

ok next question is how to tell the diff ratio in a d21 cause the local u pull it has two hardbody d21's in it and im prob just going to pull one of them!

Look on the pass side inner fender just under the hood hinge. The engine tag has that inso on the lower right side...

Bottom TRANS/AXLE FS5W71C HF35 The HF35 is a 3.545 ratio. A 41 is 4.11, a 43 is 4.375 and so on.

LaterD21.jpg

Are you drifting or drag racing this vehicle?

Eric is drag racing his 521 with a welded up H190 rearend, he is almost getting 90mph in the quarter, I have not heard of him blowing up any of his rearends, granted I don't know what kind of torque numbers he is putting into the rearend, but he isn't nice to his rig slamming it like that out of the hole.

The H190 is a strong rearend, I would go with it till you know it won't work for you.

I am going to be daily driving it and towing a small trailer and moving parts all the time so i dont wanna weld the diff but i would like a lsd

Unless your running slicks and slapper bars, or are going to ladder bar or 4link, the tires will let go before the diff does. Next in line is the driveshaft or trans. Mine is ladder bar, with 8 inch hoosiers at 12 psi. I leave with the pedal matted at 7k and dump it. 50 plus passes. No problem so far

Here ya go.

Nice how much power do you have?

Look on the pass side inner fender just under the hood hinge. The engine tag has that inso on the lower right side...

Bottom TRANS/AXLE FS5W71C HF35 The HF35 is a 3.545 ratio. A 41 is 4.11, a 43 is 4.375 and so on.

LaterD21.jpg

Thats what i though didnt know if it was the same on the d21 as the 720's and 620's thanks!

Nice how much power do you have?

I have no idea what the actual #'s are. Not much though.

It's an LZ2.3

cast pistons

u67 head w/ z intake valves, crane springs, Delta 490/290 cam

40 DCOE's

S and S shorty header (piece of crap)

It's getting a whole new top end right now.

I have no idea what the actual #'s are. Not much though.

It's an LZ2.3

cast pistons

u67 head w/ z intake valves, crane springs, Delta 490/290 cam

40 DCOE's

S and S shorty header (piece of crap)

It's getting a whole new top end right now.

i really wanted to build a l20 and keep carbs in the truck but i couldn't get the power i wanted so....