Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats the Rocket Bunny Tra Kyoto 6666 kit.

That's the Rocket Bunny/TRA Kyoto kit. It was designed using clay moldings and laser scans. You can get it at vivid racing for $3,500 for everything.

S14...

That thing looks great! Im sure its a blast to drive. Clean and stealthy, I like it.

*Fixed

A little late to the party...

They have a new WRX coming out in 2014? Radical restyle, and now only available in 4 door, no more hatches. 

They have no plans to remove the WRX, that's why the BRZ is tuned down to 201hp, can't have the new kid on the block making as much power as the the tried and true STI.

Basic marketing says that they shouldn't have two cars in the same power space, effectively catering to the same crowd. Even the new BRZ STI is only going to be supercharged... like 300hp or something, not even close to STI power on the new generation I suspect. 

They have a new WRX coming out in 2014? Radical restyle, and now only available in 4 door, no more hatches. 

They have no plans to remove the WRX, that's why the BRZ is tuned down to 201hp, can't have the new kid on the block making as much power as the the tried and true STI.

Basic marketing says that they shouldn't have two cars in the same power space, effectively catering to the same crowd. Even the new BRZ STI is only going to be supercharged... like 300hp or something, not even close to STI power on the new generation I suspect. 

Yeah, but even with two cars in the same powerband they are two totally different cars. Other than the hatch for a bit, the STi was always an AWD family car that kicked ass and took names. BRZ is still a small 2-seater RWD sport car. Obviously since the WRX has more meat on its bones, it needs more power/torque to help get it moving, but I dont think increasing the power or the BRZ will ever hurt STi sales. 

It may be different when you live up in Washington, but the kinds of people that own STIs aren't really family people, or at least that's not why they buy the car. Most of them are kids (teens, young adults, w/e I'm 18 I call everyone under the age of 35 a kid for some reason) and they are looking for the quick power. Even up in the hill the AWD doesn't really do that much for them. 

I imagine in Washington/the NW where you have real weather it'd make a difference, but down here it's the same crowd for the BRZ and STI

It's a pos hybrid with an electric turbo. It's not a real WRX any more

Only sources I can find say it's going to have the 2.0L boxer engine from the BRZ with a turbo and direct injection tech from Subaru...

That's pushing 275hp as the Impreza, meaning even more form the WRX and STI versions....

They unveiled it at an auto show and speedhunters got coverage on it. Thing is ugly

They unveiled it at an auto show and speedhunters got coverage on it. Thing is ugly

Thing looks fine... just not your sterotypical STi. Times change. Theres no concrete reports of a complete powerplant. If you have articles that talk about a hybrid, Im all for reading them. I saw the SH coverage and they didnt have any concrete facts other than pictures of the autoshow model. Those arent always released models either. Im sure it will change some before it hits dealers. 

flanemickeys.jpg

sighted my '64 Fairlane with the circa 1966 Mickey Thompson five-spokes I just finished mounting. running 186/65 14s. also dropped the fuel tank, stripped it, repainted it, repaired/reinstalled the sending unit and threw in a new o-ring for good measure.

Could Subaru be in trouble? I don't really see them advertising the Impreza wrx sti. I mean seriously that car is one of the reasons they are still around.

not really, their bread and butter is foresters and tribecas, the enthusiast community has a much different view of a companys bottom line than they do. Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. is doing just fine

• Like 1

Why are all your pictures taken like you are posting to instagram?

Because I posted them to instagram.   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

It's a lot easier just to hotlink to pics on my IG page than save them from my phone, rehost, and repost. 

'57 BelAir 4dr hardtop. Drove one of these in high school. Definite panty dropper.   :lol:

d0844978dcf011e2863a22000aa8101b_7.jpg

ea99637adcf011e2bb0922000a1fbf4a_7.jpg