Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I leave my shop to go run some parts to a vendor and I see this at the first stop light. Dumb ass in the G35 ran the light. And the old lady smaked him pretty good.

20140418_122821_zpsd5f252a1.jpg

20140418_122746_zps410acbf6.jpg

Rancho Cordova, CA ....... when I first came up on him I noticed the arched steel "supports" along the back window. My first thought was some kind of linkage for air bags but as I got closer it looked more like a rack for dirt bikes or bicycles, not really sure. I was in the wifes car & had the whole damn family or I would have stopped & talked with him. Obviously heavily modded chassis. It looked to be pretty smooth & its a left hand drive not a right... kinda weird.  

Toyota Stout

IMG_00920.jpg

IMG_00922.jpg

• Like 4

He builds bicycles.  There was a write up on that truck in minitruckin in either the last or next to last issue before they stopped printing it.  In the shoot, he had some of his custom bicycles in those racks.

• Like 1

right on, thanks.... I was just surprised that I've never seen this truck before. Do you recall the kinda bikes? The general area where he was at is where Ventana Mountain Bikes are made.

He builds bicycles.  There was a write up on that truck in minitruckin in either the last or next to last issue before they stopped printing it.  In the shoot, he had some of his custom bicycles in those racks.

right on, thanks.... I was just surprised that I've never seen this truck before. Do you recall the kinda bikes? The general area where he was at is where Ventana Mountain Bikes are made.

The ones in the shoot were definitely not mountain bikes..  I think there was one with fenders and gas tank looking front.  Ape hanger handle bars, white wall tires.  That sort of bike.  I can't find a pic online.  I'll have to dig out the magazine when I get home.

Found a pic, but the rack isn't in it.  I still can't find the article online. 

1967-Toyota-Stout-front-three-quarter.jp

Edited by Rhapakatui
  • Like 2

NOT a fan of those styled bicycles

yep thats the dude that was driving it.. so it is bagged.... I wanna see more :) I really hope I run into him again. 

Found a pic, but the rack isn't in it.  I still can't find the article online.