V8 in 620

PandaStar

Rolls Royce-Allison 250 series gas turbine engine would have the holy f*** value (320-HP turbine with approximately 425-ft/lbs of torque @2000rpm) . Since they are used in the Y2K superbike size is not a problem for under the hood and it runs on diesel, kerosene or Jet A for fuel. one was put into an Chevy S10

OOOh I would like to see that actually.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's a good point. Did't think about maintaining it. Maybe try a l20b with a nap z heasd then? Don't remembe the term for that t t's a non stockpower option

Nap Z with an L20b head any of them on here with Pics?

I think you mean a NAPS Z22 or Z24 motor with a better breathing L series head on IT.

• 1 month later...

I've got a chevy 355(325 horsepower) in my 620 now(had a 327 when I bought it 5 years ago)..... My firewall was cut, and a 6" "dog house" was welded in. But I need to shorten a Ford 9" rear first, as the stock Datsun rear cannot take any abuse(blown up 3 so far).

I just purchased a GM L33 aluminum 5.3 Litre with a Corvette LS6 top end....will probably start on that swap next year.

A typical Gen 1 small block chevy can be done, there are a few around here... as far as the Ford Coyote/Modular 4.6/5.4 litre....I think it might be just too wide(at the valve covers) to fit in a typically stock Datsun engine bay. A small block Ford has been done too, with lots of room to spare(disty is on the front).....up to you, and your capabilities/budget!!!

Be different AND keep it Nissan. Do a Titan 5.6 L V8.

Actually if I do go big I am thinking of doing a nissan/datsun v6 IF....I don't do a turbo engine. Need something decent on gas and pretty easy to build I don't want to be stuck in the garage for years building this lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...