WTB DATSUN 1600/510 BITS & PIECES

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the mods can limit the number of people someone can PM at the same time. This will stop mass PM's like this person seemed to do. And I did get 2 PM's, I figure it was a forum glitch. They were sent out the same time. I didn't respond and took it as spam.

I've disabled his private messenger so no one should be bothered any further mail until straightened out.

I'm supprised all of you guys got mail also.... I will not take or send money orders. Would never send the "balance" of a bill like that.....

Are you saying he mentioned a money order???? If so send me the private message, please.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I sent a lot of emails for psrts. That is correct. You may call me a scam to.abswer your questions and concerbs I have stated i WILL pay for postage. I am not telling you guys to sebd ot stuff for nothing. Sure if a rare or good part comes up in happy to pay.

I am not telling you to send me anything. I didbsend a generic email. This is because my post didnt go so well. I am just looking for parts. If you believe i am a scam.SURE go ahead by doubtful. If someone sent me a pm out of no were i would be suspicious.

Btw whats a parts troll?

I asked for a couple different badges because I would like to have a mantle piece with different dattos on it. Thats why i asked for different badges. Im jot a sxammer (hard to prove or deny). If you dont want to send stuff then no problems.

I did not.ask for a money order I said im willing to.pay for shipping and if so also any effort abd postage abd habdling fees.

I also only use paypal to avoid such issues, if you think this seems fishy then no problem dont send me ANYTHING. but disabling my pm's is understandable but also means i cannot reply to people who trust me.

Im happy to recieve a warning and not some.communal hate. People have asked for a ban. May i ask for what?

Did i abuse people, take money, steal or anything else along that matter?

I.believe i did not i ask.for some parts at my expense of postage to be sent to me by email. If sending mass emails has angered everyobe im sorry but it was 1 pm. Not a spam of pm's to each person.

From an outsiders perspectove it may seem preety bad but considering i sent one pm only then how has that really gotten to you.

btw i believe that is some sort of glitch with double pms at the same time

- cheers hope to get this sorted

I Think "Parts Trolls" are folks that do the sob story, I need part X, don't have money, please help, then 3 weeks later you see them selling those parts on eBay or elsewhere. Or ask for parts so they can sell the car. There have been folks like that on the board. There are folks who resell parts that are up front about it too.

Some folks mentioned ban because you spammed what appears to be the entire board for parts. You complained that the post wasn't getting you anywhere... did you wait long enough to see? It takes weeks to find parts like that, not minutes. Plus a first post requesting non-specific parts is bad etiquette. No pictures of the car (folks on here are picture whores), so no one knows if you REALLY have a car or not.

There are folks on here that have been here for YEARS I wouldn't sell parts to. I simply don't trust a lot of folks- including folks I've met face to face. There are a small few I do trust. But I don't ship parts. It's too much hassle.

I did not.ask for a money order I said im willing to.pay for shipping and if so also any effort abd postage abd habdling fees.

I also only use paypal to avoid such issues, if you think this seems fishy then no problem dont send me ANYTHING. but disabling my pm's is understandable but also means i cannot reply to people who trust me.

Im happy to recieve a warning and not some.communal hate. People have asked for a ban. May i ask for what?

Did i abuse people, take money, steal or anything else along that matter?

I.believe i did not i ask.for some parts at my expense of postage to be sent to me by email. If sending mass emails has angered everyobe im sorry but it was 1 pm. Not a spam of pm's to each person.

From an outsiders perspectove it may seem preety bad but considering i sent one pm only then how has that really gotten to you.

btw i believe that is some sort of glitch with double pms at the same time

- cheers hope to get this sorted

A money order was mentioned (it's a common spam/scam) this is why I asked for more info from that poster. A mass private message like this was ill advised so I disabled yours. If it's not repeated I will reconnect that option.

Regrettably this is all unfortunate and was preventable. But now that there is doubt, ...and so if there are any further complaints your account will be closed.

The problem I had was the mass email/pm. PM's should be between individuals or a small group, not the whole membership. That is what the sub forums are for. Some forums limit the number of recipients in PM's for this reason. I don't ever recall getting a mass PM in any other forum.

The original PM didn't ask for anything free. It just asked for parts.

Hats off to datzenmike for looking into this.

Why does this sound like a scam???

Hi dotti,lf you feel as though this is a SCAM no problems, don't worry about it. I said I am happy to pay for shipping. If any one does have any parts I am keen for them. I will not be selling them.

One would ask why am I so persistent on parts even thought I have gotten serious concerns from users. Because Im desperate for any bits and pieces. If you could help me out. Thanks

IF YOU DONT WANT TO OK NO PROBLEMS

A money order was mentioned (it's a common spam/scam) this is why I asked for more info from that poster. A mass private message like this was ill advised so I disabled yours. If it's not repeated I will reconnect that option.

Regrettably this is all unfortunate and was preventable. But now that there is doubt, ...and so if there are any further complaints your account will be closed.

Ok, let me explain I said I am willing to pay for shipping (that is were the money order idea was schemed from). I respect peoples concerns and opinions and if i am asking for stuff for free then I do not expect people give me stuff for free because of their generosity. However I do not expect people to pay for shipping. I am happy to use paypal to pay for postage. I do not expect people to send stuff to me and I ask for dodgy details such as bank account numbers and telephones and stuff.

I have mentioned paypal as a way to pay for shipping which I believe is only the respectable thing to do is.I dont expect free shipping and nobody should. What do you mean it if I do not repeat what will happen you will renable my pm's. I cannot pm anyone now. Which is debatable as to why but sure I'll take it. Im a noob here so I will abide to your rules..

Could you please renable my pm's so I can contact people who would actually like to send stuff to me and also for me to apologise and cancel my pm's. Could you renable my pm's and If you get any more mass scale pm's then Ban me. Im happy to be banned if you see such things occur again. It was a mistake i made. But im happy to abide by the concerns and regulations of the people on ratsun. Cheers

How about you get around to posting some pictures of your "project?" You first post ever was starting a new thread asking for generic parts. Your not specific and lots of what you say dosen't make any sense. Also Australia seems to be the only place making new parts for datsuns, so to say they have no value there makes zero sense.

So as stated before, lets seem some pictures already. Also be specific about what you actually want/need

I Think "Parts Trolls" are folks that do the sob story, I need part X, don't have money, please help, then 3 weeks later you see them selling those parts on eBay or elsewhere. Or ask for parts so they can sell the car. There have been folks like that on the board. There are folks who resell parts that are up front about it too.

Some folks mentioned ban because you spammed what appears to be the entire board for parts. You complained that the post wasn't getting you anywhere... did you wait long enough to see? It takes weeks to find parts like that, not minutes. Plus a first post requesting non-specific parts is bad etiquette. No pictures of the car (folks on here are picture whores), so no one knows if you REALLY have a car or not.

There are folks on here that have been here for YEARS I wouldn't sell parts to. I simply don't trust a lot of folks- including folks I've met face to face. There are a small few I do trust. But I don't ship parts. It's too much hassle.

OK then, Now I understand. Thank you Datsunaholic for giving me some sought of reasoning. To be honest I did not expect this sort of influx in angry repliers and also genuine people who want to help out. I understand how much it would SUCK if someone was getting free parts from the generosity of people on this forum (Ratsun) and then they see them for sale on ebay.

I know people here are datsun part hoarders. So am I. I dont plan to sell my parts I plan to keep them. I know I have just gotten into datsuns so I dont know the value of parts and I dont intend to sell parts. In regards to free parts not for 510's Im want a couple badges to add on my wall of datsuns (almost empty). So that is why Im asking for other badges lying around.

I hope some of my replies have been insightful on peoples concerns.

How about you get around to posting some pictures of your "project?" You first post ever was starting a new thread asking for generic parts. Your not specific and lots of what you say dosen't make any sense. Also Australia seems to be the only place making new parts for datsuns, so to say they have no value there makes zero sense.

So as stated before, lets seem some pictures already. Also be specific about what you actually want/need

What I ment was there is a huge difference in value of cars and parts compared to ford and holdens. Datsuns are seen as sh*t boxes. No offence I hate it and unfortunately that is how it is. I mean this because I see alot of them rusting away and alot have been butchered or scraped. I asked for any old parts that may go to scrap because I see more value in a car parts or a car then a piece of scrap metal. Thats why in my post above I said unwanted or going to the scrap pile (to avoid this). To many old datsuns have been destroyed thats why I FIND IT HARD TO FIND PARTS.

I did this for parts that are not the best condition I could repair and take time to restore and learn from.

Thanks

Also all the people to tell me to be specific about parts it is kind of hard because I do not know formal names for these parts and also Im not to fussed if people have anything old lying around the better.

But I will make a list and post it up (is this ok)

Often people are told a part is one thing and pass it along but are wrong, and it's mislabeled. A part is thought to be one thing but the picture is recognized as something else saving a lot of bother. A picture by any other name would smell as sweet? right? A bonnet here has a different meaning.

I say abandon this account and start a new one in which your first post is several nice pictures of this swampped Dime... Hey that could be your new user name, Swamppedime. The bottom line is we are a community that isn't in to just giving stuff to somebody who hasn't built any kind of cred or reputation and now you have built yourself a pretty shitty rep right off the bat. If you are truly trying to restore this poor little abused 510 more power to you. But I still think you sound fishy.

Often people are told a part is one thing and pass it along but are wrong, and it's mislabeled. A part is thought to be one thing but the picture is recognized as something else saving a lot of bother. A picture by any other name would smell as sweet? right? A bonnet here has a different meaning.

I spoke to some people already, who can send me some parts. They trust me and I respect that. Ok I will take some photos of bits and pieces.

i will get some photos of some stuff I need, obviously not the parts I own because well I dont own any of them. Could you please reemable my pm so I can contact the people who want to help me out and also deal with angry or frustrated or unhappy people personally on a private chat.

At lease let me deal with the matters of concern privately.

cheers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.