FL Datsun Wagon 510

Hey everyone! Figured I would post up some pics of my first 1972 Datsun 510 Wagon I picked up 2 months ago for $500.00 off craiglist! Also wanted to point out that I have already been offered $3,000.00 for this car the way it is and I said NOPE!

The car does have some rust but I dont care this is going to be a fun project car and just going with the flow on what I want to do with this. The speedo shows 90k miles on it but not sure yet if that is accurate or not, the enterior is actually pretty decent and everything is there. Exterior not so much, it does have rust holes and some dents that need to get taken care of but I have had worse.

I will post pics with updates the best I can, as of right now the car didnt have a gas tank and I know I wont be sticking with the stock engine for that long so I ended up with putting a fuel cell in the car with fuel braided lines going towards the engine bay. I do have a sr20 block from my old 240sx but not sure if I want that or a rotary carb just yet. Anyways on with the pics, please let me know what you think and any advice will be taken. :)

When I first got the car.

25072910150973323058756.jpg

In the garage with my beetle.

18109710150973640488756.jpg

outside with my beetle

30454910151071908203756.jpg

Interior Shot..(will update with better pic)

photo8ub.jpg

some parts, new water pump,fuel pump,braided lines, and thermo housing

photo7xv.jpg

gas tank in but not done just yet, still doing some cutting and welding might cover all that up with aluminum with a door

photo6gnx.jpg

view from the back

photo5zes.jpg

view from the top with fuel pump attached. I already have the line under the car just need to get a fuel filter(might use honda since they are threaded)

photo4yu.jpg

Battery Terminals

photo3oh.jpg

Engine bay view with regulator, weber, and coilovers on

40821610151116375093756.jpg

isis coilovers on (still need to get bump steer and etc)

photo2cgv.jpg

front view and it is maxed out from tire to fender on 13s, coil overs can go tons more.

42728310151116372978756.jpg

and side view will update more when i get more stuff done.

56158310151116378718756.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The headliner is intact and also the back seat just not the trunk as you can see. Some other idea I will be going towards after front suspension is done is the rear suspension. I will be using all the ladder bars from a AE86 to delete the leaf springs and use rear s13 coilovers. Cage, grip royal steering wheel, broadway mirror and longer shfiter and hydro ebrake for the interior. All around fun street/track car

Haha on the VW Thing.. We have plenty of VW's and the drag bug just takes too much money and time for another one and this car is just new an exciting for me. Color I picked out will be my old s13 I built and sold :( Here is the Color oh also, I just picked up my old sr20 from this car :)

25370310150209678908756.jpg

22340310150170857198756.jpg

24782110150206204488756.jpg

• 1 month later...

Small update to keep this thread alive, so I got the fuel line done and a switch for the fuel pump also connected to the ignition and the car turn on easy by it self. Motor sounds pretty solid just need to get a new radiator because I dont really trust the stock old one and couple things for the brakes to put back on.

Question does anyone know where I can by front brake pads for the factory brakes? I am going to upgrade but not right now, I will like to get the car running so I just need some stock pads untill later.

Couple pics from this weekend.

60240610151198194768756.jpg

66332101511971068437563.jpg

i buy a helluva lotta stuff through Rock auto.. you just have to figure in shipping ( they ship from different places )

http://www.rockauto.com/

I live on the west coast but i bought mine at Oreillys

don`t know tampa at all so i just picked a store

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search.oap?keyword=brake+pads!s!shoes&year=1972&make=Nissan&model=510&vi=1209989

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the link! So small update I got another fuse box since the other one was damaged and this works sometimes and doesnt not really sure whats up with the connections that it stop pushing power through the harness but it does turn on.

Also all my wires are connected on the lights and I dont see anything mising and the lights wont turn on? I tested the headlights and they do turn on and work.

• 3 weeks later...

so i got wheels for the car they are 13x7 up front and 15x9 will look kinda odd untill i can either fine 13s ot 15s to match. But does any one know where i can get some decent tires for the 13s? I see a lot of VW guys have some and pics on google with decent tire sizes.. any help would be great.

photobht.th.jpg