72' KA24DE Wagon Daily Driver

Still waiting on Datsunland Socal to send the replacement cargo seal... It's been almost 2 weeks since I reported the mishap to him now and he's had the extra left side seal for 10 days; no word where my right side seal is.. Figures. 

Just paid for these beauties.. getting them this weekend! Reupholstered E30 sport seats. 

r7hlOJg.jpg

Those seats are stunning! You sir, got a deal.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Double DIN bezel is being made... 3 day weekend project 

Step 1: Cut out old bezel, made a "cover plate" with a sheet of ABS plastic and a heat gun. 
969367_10200175134684642_798909334_n.jpg

Step 2: Dremel the hell out of everything until it fits okay...
468997_10200175133924623_96995173_o.jpg

Step 3: Bondo and epoxy the hell out of it. Drill small holes ALL OVER it so the bondo has something to "hold on to" since it doesn't stick to plastic well. 
965663_10200175134124628_2088950466_o.jp

Forgot to take pictures of the sanding process but you get the idea....

Spray with some textured paint!
942474_10200175133964624_298841909_n.jpg

Thanks! I actually had to sand and repaint it, I got too hasty putting it in to show off to Ratsun and smudged the heck out of the wrinkle paint :( It's outside drying PROPERLY this time..

Next projects: New locks in driver/passenger's door and maybe rebuild ignition so I can't pull my key out..
Flex Form lowering rear springs have been ordered.. 446$ :(
After that, I'll probably get new adjustable shocks for the rear and im waiting for the wagon traction bars to be available... Then wheels and tires. (15x7 0 offset up front, 15x8 0 offset in the rear, stretch on both. 
Sometime in the next 6 weeks I'll be pulling my motor and transmission to clean up the engine bay, weld up all the old holes and fix some minor rust, and repaint the engine and just clean everything up in general. 

So I had to sand it out and repaint it after I smudged it up putting it in too soon.. looks better and I lined it up with the radio a little better. Now, I'm faced with an issue.. I took out the phone holster as I just didn't really use it much and it wasn't too pretty. I need something to fill in the space between radio bezel and center console. Any ideas? I was kinda thinking a 3 gauge pod maybe. 

460215_10200183174525633_1154313838_o.jp

• Like 1

She got a wash today. Shame she looks so good in pictures but not in person... Sadly found out she leaks when being washed under pressure, there were several drips inside coming from where the door seals just aren't tight enough against the body. 

468570_10200202186320916_147319552_o.jpg

• Like 1

She got a wash today. Shame she looks so good in pictures but not in person... Sadly found out she leaks when being washed under pressure, there were several drips inside coming from where the door seals just aren't tight enough against the body. 

Yeah, that shit sucks... I just found a new leak thats coming in from the trunk into the cabin under my rear seat :(

EASILY one of my fav goons on here. makin that pic a background on my phone.

if you're selling the rims, im interested. what offset and size?

Thanks man! That's awesome  :thumbup: 

I'm definitely willing to sell them with the tires for a very affordable rate, these never really tickled my fancy. 14x6.5, not sure off offset but I think 0... I can check soon. The tires are okay, would last a while and hold air. The wheels have no damage to them but would need to get sandblasted and painted again to look really good or you could even restore them to the original look, polished lip with gold center. I don't have centercaps.. I'm thinking 350$ for all 4. 

• 3 weeks later...

And yes, bought it on ebay, and payed 150$ to get it installed. DEFINITELY worth it, headliners can be a lot of work and you want it to look good! 

when they installed it, do they remove all the rubbers? i thought rubbers were bad once removed?