new to ratsun, my first truck! 76 620 red

red76datsun

Hello ratsun! I'm 16 and had been looking for a vehicle for a while! My grandpa had a 620 when he was younger and my dad had a 1993 nissan pickup. Basically you could say ive always liked nissan and datsun B) . so after a long search i found her :rofl: , a 1976 datsun 620 l20b with a 4 speed. I picked this up from another ratsun member but i had no idea what ratsun was! the motor runs great and transmission shifts like butter. the interior is in really good condition and i got some extra parts with it. im kinda on a budget but would be open for tips, suggestions and ideas. I would like to put some rims on it and i was thinking keeping it simple and more original with moon caps and lowering it a couple inches or getting some titans or centerlines since they fit my budget :w00t:. i want to here what you guys think and what would look best :thumbup: i just went to a auction today and picked up some alpine door speakers and im getting a alpine deck within the next month. I would also like input/pictures on how people put their stereos in 620s :thumbup: thanks for looking!

ed144c39.jpg

The bed doesnt have rust and is in pretty good shape for a 1976 pickup!

cd63d697.jpg

Notice how it sits infront of the chevy :thumbup:

dcf84f17.jpg

fe0ca374.jpg

motor runs great

3b5fbb45.jpg

0c0d94c3.jpg

all the gauges work

9c50138e.jpg

533edf69.jpg

Just some of the spare parts i got. tac and 2 clocks and some ods and ends. Also got tie rods lil hustler stickers and brake drums. :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Truck looks great... way better than that single image on FB I saw from your dad. That interior looks fantastic... I would hesitate about cutting into those door panels to put those speakers in. Can they be installed in the kick panels?- those panels are perfect.

Welcome to the site Dom.

i wish i had a 620 as my first vehicle, i wouldve been so much more mechanically inclined.

red 620s look good, i havent seen too many of those.

also, +1 for keeping the hooks! youll end up using them alot if you keep the truck for a while.

Hello ratsun! I'm 16 and had been looking for a vehicle for a while! My grandpa had a 620 when he was younger and my dad had a 1993 nissan pickup. Basically you could say ive always liked nissan and datsun B) .

Welcome to the site Dom.

Are you, by chance, Mike's grandson? Either way, nice looking truck, and welcome to Ratsun! Lucky score for your first vehicle B)

carrying shit in your bed, especially a 4 wheeler, is going to be your limiting factor when it comes to

lowering and suspension mods (if you were thinking of going that route.)

DatWifey , yes i am mikes grandson B)

Very nice. When Tristin said your name, I figured there was a good chance it was you.

I'm Jenn; my husband and I use to live next door to him and Laina. Your grandpa put you in touch via email with me about helping you source parts if you ever need any.

But, now that you've found this place, you'll most likely not need my help ;) Glad you're here. It's a great source for much more than just finding parts.

Haha, settle down there Sparky, you can claim him. I wondered if you knew his dad when I saw you knew his name. It's just cool to see him here. His grandpa hit me up when he got the truck, asking if we'd be able to help him find parts if needed, as he had been over at our place next door a few years ago checking out our 510 and has seen our 521 as well. I just wasn't sure if I should throw the site out to his grandpa saying he should join with the random boobage and such ;) Now I can't get in trouble for him being here, because I didn't recommend it :lol:

Haha, settle down there Sparky, you can claim him. I wondered if you knew his dad when I saw you knew his name. It's just cool to see him here. His grandpa hit me up when he got the truck, asking if we'd be able to help him find parts if needed, as he had been over at our place next door a few years ago checking out our 510 and has seen our 521 as well. I just wasn't sure if I should throw the site out to his grandpa saying he should join with the random boobage and such ;) Now I can't get in trouble for him being here, because I didn't recommend it :lol:

I forgot about the random boobage when I recommended the place, but knowing Tim (his dad) a simple set of boobs will be ok. Gah... Some of the things that Tim and I have discussed while on watch.

You have a crazy dad Dom!

How did the belt replacement go?