Iv never wanted a new car before....

It's the new S14. I was passed by five of them on the freeway. Five long low mean bad cats. Left me like I was standing still, which i was kinda.

Kinda weak, though -- only 200HP. How much did the 240SX have?

527821_10150893512198759_1327824251_n.jpg

The new s14 is the s15 lol. Its true its def there to fill the void the silvia left in the rest of the world and the void that hasnt been filled in usa for like 30 years.

Saw one last week, very eye catching. But its an absolute disgrace that Toyota beat Nissan to this re-emerging RWD market... Mazda's new design miata & RX8, the '86, and what, the 350z? no.........

What sense does it make to compare a bunch of cars that came out 10 years ago vs the brand new 86 in regard to a "re-emerging RWD market"? Nissan was still producing the Silvia that far back which would embarrass anything listed so far in this thread including the 86 so lol.....

Nissan has kept a pretty respectable stable of sports cars both rwd and awd, they have nothing to be "disgraced" about. They or anyone for that matter cant pump out cars for every niche market all the time.

Everyone keeps rounding up on the engine output too. Its not even 200hp its 197hp and like a gross 151lb tq. Thats why I say it NEEDS a sti, special edition or aftermarket forced induction etc... Unless the owner wants to get beat (in a line)by hondas anyway......

I think the joint venture was genius too and the hype and sales back that thinking. Their profit margin on the 86 is through the roof, again just like sales and interest.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I compared them because Nissan bailed on RWD shortly after Renault took over. Then the 350"Z" came out, which was too upmarket to be similar to the "affordable RWD" market. Then, instead of creating a revived silvia line, they announce that they will be "cheapening" the Z to compete with lesser cars...

Just think of all the ones showing up in junkyards soon due to kids trying to drift their cars into tree's/walls/etc. I don't know about you guy's but I would swap the drivetrain into something else lickity split, or stuff the 2.5 STI motor in there with a turbo.

When you say "kids trying to drift their cars into tree's" it reminds me of when I was working around body shops. Camry's and Accord's came in damaged by other cars but the WRX's were always packed full of grass, limbs, and bark etc. when they came in, and lots of them came in (Vipers always had a thing for guard rails). Sorry for being off topic

That boxer engine in those FR-S/BRZ are placed pretty low as possible doubt a Sti engine would easily fit but with custom fab work anything can be done.

The Subaru BRZ are like almost $5k more expensive than the Scion FR-S here locally Idk why it's the same car just different badge.

Everyone keeps rounding up on the engine output too. Its not even 200hp its 197hp and like a gross 151lb tq. Thats why I say it NEEDS a sti, special edition or aftermarket forced induction etc... Unless the owner wants to get beat (in a line)by hondas anyway......

The Honda S2000 had 250hp out of a 2.0L ten years ago... I'd rather have a 10yr old DOHC inline 4 cyl(S15 SR20DE) than a new subaru motor

The 3SGTE beams altezza motor?? .. or a 2.7L DOHC 4cyl out of the newer RWD Tacomas .. or a 2JZ .. anything but a Subaru motor

I like the subi motors, have proven to put down down serious numbers.

But yes, this motor is lacking when you think 10 years should have been able to up the power a little more.

As Indy mentioned, the S2000s F20c makes 250hp from 10+years ago. The F20C produces the highest specific power output for any naturally aspirated 2.0L piston engine in a car priced under $100,000, at 123.5hp (92.1 kW) per liter, ahead of the SR16VE N1 found in the homologation version of JDM Nissan Pulsar producing 197bhp (147 kW) for a specific power of 123.45bhp (92.06 kW) per liter. The F20C held the record for producing the highest specific power output for any mass production naturally aspirated piston engine until Ferrari released the 458 Italia in 2010, which produces 124.5 HP/L.

I just think the car is too little/too much. Note, there are many other cars I feel the same way about.

I compared them because Nissan bailed on RWD shortly after Renault took over. Then the 350"Z" came out, which was too upmarket to be similar to the "affordable RWD" market. Then, instead of creating a revived silvia line, they announce that they will be "cheapening" the Z to compete with lesser cars...

I see your point better now. It is true that the french cheapened the brand. Though the 370 is a big step up from the 350 imho. Really hoping they do a radical body change on the next gen and get back to at the very least some interesting advancements or shit even design choices.

Kind of have a feeling with all the hoopla the 86 is getting other manufacturers may follow suite to complete in the class. Nissan may end up being one of them.

Far as engines go I cant stand working on boxers and I feel its lame to have them in the front of a car lol. That said it is nice to get that hood profile and center of gravity low. They already have a 2jz sitting in one like I mentioned earlier if that can fit then a wrx 2.5 can. Better yet maybe something that stays with the essence of that car but offer real performance like a flat 6. With some tasteful holes in the hood for the stacks of course :-).

its a hipster trap lol

Living in the hipster capital of the world I got that part but can you explain the rest to me? why is a Porsche with a tent on it trying to trap hipsters? lol

They are ok, I work at Kings Toyota here in Cincinnati. I'm glad to see the more affordable 4 seat RWD cars making a possible comeback. I'm a fan of the Boxer engine as i buy and repair Suby's on the side.

Yea they are a little underpowered but to do much more is going to push cost over $30k. Remember this car has all the safety crap that today's idiot proofing society needs, and to keep it at 2600#'s and offer 200hp in something that looks good and handles well is impressive.

This one was one of the first wrecked about 4 miles from our dealership, yay idiots!!

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8821

This one is a region car and got some new shoes this week:

2012-07-11_16-56-59_827.jpg

2012-07-11_16-57-32_83.jpg

2012-07-12_08-02-56_738.jpg

And this was our first one off the truck back in May:

2012-05-10_14-20-27_336.jpg

2012-05-10_14-20-44_668.jpg

2012-05-10_14-21-03_721.jpg

2012-05-10_14-21-37_679.jpg

2012-05-10_14-22-15_385.jpg

2012-05-10_14-22-37_325.jpg

2012-05-10_14-23-00_960.jpg

2012-05-10_14-23-29_773.jpg

2012-05-10_14-23-51_738.jpg

2012-05-10_14-25-03_215.jpg

2012-05-10_14-25-38_66.jpg

2012-05-10_14-26-49_30.jpg

To be fair I tried watching it again and the music sucked and it seemed to be targeting the gay crowd or something. (I had to take a bubble bath after, for some reason) This car might be great but the vid sure doesn't do it justice if it is. If fast, show it going fast. If it handles show it, although those sloppy out of control 'drifts' looked like they fit the track purely by accident. What did the motor look like? the brakes?, suspension? I like the looks and the color which was barely all the vid showed anyway.

I had the opportunity to drive an FR-S long term, and I have to say that it is an awesome car. If I could get by with a small sports car for my daily d, this would be it. It won't blow you away with power, but makes up for it with balance.

Unfortunately my daily requires it to fit strollers, baby seats and more than 1 passenger, so the FR-S will have to wait! Great bang for buck at $25K and the aftermarket is going nuts with parts already.

There is a certain "raw" feeling when you drive it also. Very mechanical. Even though you're surrounded by safety and modern tech, it just feels like a racecar.

I've seen several in my are, and I think that with a suspension job and some better wheels they would look bitchin'

As for the power, if stuff from the WRX/STI crowd doesn't just bolt on to that boxer right now, you can bet there will be turbo kits and cold air intake stuff and exhaust and chips out in no time flat, 200hp will quickly become 300+ with very little effort.

It's small, rear drive, and unique. That's what is important.

Be 24

be honda fan

fwd rocks

buy rwd car

(from the crash forum) "I decided it would be a good idea to turn off the traction control and try something"

Be the reason traction control had to be created.....