today in history

Did you know that today, in history, back in 1981 Datsun became Nissan??? 31 years ago today... Just thought it was interesting.

I'm stoked they changed the name. If they didn't then we would all just own old Datsuns like someone who owns an old Toyota or Honda.

The fact that they changed the name makes an already awesome thing more unique and exciting!

Rich

PA190713.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

510 is all packed up Lou. I will be moving to St Albert for a couple 3 or 4 yrs for a welding apprenticeship :crying: :thumbup:

At least when I come home I'll have money to do something with it.

:o

Wow Rich,that is a big change for yah.

Taking the 510 or?

Rich good to hear from ya. I have those tire you gave me on my goon. Work and fit really well for 215s

The Nissan 'name' change may have happened on this date 31 years ago but the emplem change spanned many years. Late '70s vehicles started sporting DATSUNbyNISSAN EMBLEMS. Then NISSAN often with a DATSUN emblem or decal like the '83 720s. Eventually, simply NISSAN. I had an '84 Maxima goon that had both equal size chrome plastic emblems. One on each side of the tailgate... in fact they are at the bottom of all my posts. I thought this was the last year for this but some research shows the '86? 300zx says DATSUN on it. Perhaps the last true DATSUN made.

:o

Wow Rich,that is a big change for yah.

Taking the 510 or?

Ya big change for sure. I'm single,39,and my dog passed away last yr at the tender age of 18 so I have nothing holding me back now.

Just have to keep paying my taxes, mortgage and insurance.

My brother in-law set me up and I get to stay with them for free so it's a no brainer.

I sold all my firewood to my neighbour to free up the woodshed so I parked the 510 in there for safe keeping.

She sat for 7yrs out in the rain before I bought her so she can rest for a couple more in the shed.

I thought about getting her going and bringing her up there to represent but I don't want to subject her to that kind of punishment.

And -30 for 5 or so months of the yr? might be a little hard starting in the am?

Rich good to hear from ya. I have those tire you gave me on my goon. Work and fit really well for 215s

The Nissan 'name' change may have happened on this date 31 years ago but the emplem change spanned many years. Late '70s vehicles started sporting DATSUNbyNISSAN EMBLEMS. Then NISSAN often with a DATSUN emblem or decal like the '83 720s. Eventually, simply NISSAN. I had an '84 Maxima goon that had both equal size chrome plastic emblems. One on each side of the tailgate... in fact they are at the bottom of all my posts. I thought this was the last year for this but some research shows the '86? 300zx says DATSUN on it. Perhaps the last true DATSUN made.

Ya Mike! I'm glad there working out for ya. They are like brand new! Must corner like a dream?

What rims are they on? I should check your thread? :sleep:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Ya big change for sure. I'm single,39,and my dog passed away last yr at the tender age of 18 so I have nothing holding me back now.

Just have to keep paying my taxes, mortgage and insurance.

My brother in-law set me up and I get to stay with them for free so it's a no brainer.

I sold all my firewood to my neighbour to free up the woodshed so I parked the 510 in there for safe keeping.

She sat for 7yrs out in the rain before I bought her so she can rest for a couple more in the shed.

I thought about getting her going and bringing her up there to represent but I don't want to subject her to that kind of punishment.

And -30 for 5 or so months of the yr? might be a little hard starting in the am?

Sorry to hear about pooch.

Now is the time for you for sure.

And it sure sounds like it will be great for

you Rich.

Like Mike said keep in touch.

When do you leave?

They are unbelievable in corners!! The old ones would start to squeal if pushed. I haven't been able to do that yet with these. And it stops faster now because it dosen't lock up as easy. I couldn't use those rims the offset was wrong and they stuck out the sides. I pried the tires off them by hand and swapped onto my factory 200sx mags... perfect fit, perfect.

Mike, if you didn't get them they would be sitting on that rusty old 280 doing nothing.

Lou, I leave on the 2ond for silverstar to camp out and ride my bike then I'm off to kicking horse to do the same then to hinton alberta to ride yet again.

I'm making a bit of a vacation out of the trip \m/

I will always be lurking around on here