Revival of Little Miss Sunshine ('72 510) Found a 280zx hub

there are two nissan s13s at the yard in new oxford... prospect metals.. these guys are super reasonable. Im ready to head to the beach this week but id still like to check this thing out sometime :)

WHAT?? I wish I could go there, but I work day shift. I'm going to have to get one of my friends to go up there.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the gas pedal installed, and the only thing stopping me from finishing the throttle cable was darkness and getting up for work tomorrow morning. Hopefully tomorrow evening my car will be able to move under its own power. :D :D :D

So how did you do the rear coil overs? Also what is the length of the camaro struts when they are compressed? I've got 280zx aarms in the back of my dime and need to find some struts that are a few inches shorter than my current coilovers.

I'm not sure on the length when compressed. I was too anxious to wait so when I got them back home I put them on the car. lol But here is the DIY link that I used to make them.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30153-my-home-built-rear-coilovers/

I'm not sure on the length when compressed. I was too anxious to wait so when I got them back home I put them on the car. lol But here is the DIY link that I used to make them.

http://community.rat...rear-coilovers/

If i had any more of Vintagerice`s DYI threads favorited on google i think i would be classified as a stalker..

progress looks good ,, i like low buck builds

I DROVE THE CAR TONIGHT!!!! :D

After yesterday's discovery of a leaky radiator I decided to "patch" the area and see if it would stop leaking. I turned the ignition, shifted into first, and off we went. I went up the back alley the car was sitting, stopped to close the hood I forgot about, and then drove down the side street. I then realized that I didn't want to go that far, so I backed her up in the street, and turned around back to where I started. I might also want to point out that on the side street is where the local police station is located, so even though I had a license plate and insurance, they might pull me over. But it was a lot of fun, and now my focus is on fixing the front brakes, and troubleshooting the lights. My headlights only work in a certain spot, and my turn signals do not work at all. Here's some pictures for everyone to enjoy! :D

269612_10151009934907476_1835990867_n.jpg

533253_10151009934282476_1776767251_n.jpg

The license plate looks to new. just sayin lol

I had to make a decision: I want to have this car ready for a local car show on August 26th, but it need brakes. I don't have the funds for new wheels and tires so the 280xz brakes can't go on unless I grind off some of the bracket. I went and ordered new brake pads, a caliper rebuild kit, and will try to restore the old calipers to where I can stop. I have replacement parts for the rear which will go on soon, but I also have rear discs coming from Florida thanks to Strang3Majka! Also getting a new aluminum radiator from Mr. BOHICA next week.

Great to hear she is on the Road! As I said, I always had a thing for this car-

I just picked up Brad's red car last weekend- great to be in a 510-

I just saw the thread you made. Good luck on your project, and maybe we'll have the two cars reunited at a meet.

Feel like I accomplished nothing today on the car. I was going to replace the hardware kit and shoes that were missing in the driver side rear drum, but I'm not sure how it all works. So I was going to mimic the other side that works, but I ran into an issue. I couldn't get the drum off due to the threads were stripped in the hole that you use to pry them off. So I put everything back on and moved onto the front brakes. For some reason the previous owner decided to torque the lug nuts at some ridiculous range, because me and my step dad could not loosen the lugs. Then we bent and broke our ratchet that we were using to loosen the lug nuts. After all this I decided to pack everything up and call it a day.

On the bright side I cleaned up the shed and organized my parts collection. ugh. I just want to drive this car around town on Friday night.

I was going to replace the hardware kit and shoes that were missing in the driver side rear drum, but I'm not sure how it all works.

Did you forget to check your Private Messages? I sent you pictures on 7/25/12 of the rear drum assembly that should show you how it all fits.

So I was going to mimic the other side that works, but I ran into an issue. I couldn't get the drum off due to the threads were stripped in the hole that you use to pry them off.

Did you back the brake adjuster off to release the tension on the brake shoes? If not, do that first. The shoes may have worn the drum enough there is a lip and the drum can't slip past the shoes now. Releasing the tension will help solve that. But, there is almost always rust holding the drum at the hub. PB Blaster (or equivalent) around there and let it soak a while and repeat. Then usually a good whack on the hub and the drum will pop off.

Good luck.

Did you forget to check your Private Messages? I sent you pictures on 7/25/12 of the rear drum assembly that should show you how it all fits

Actually yes I did. lol Thanks for reminding me. I'll soak the outer edges of the drum and I got a tap and die set to see if I can pull the drum off with a bigger bolt.