my 620n tow truck

kyjohnboy

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thaaats coool man. just 20 minutes ago on the 805 south i was wondering to myself if i could pull my 240 or 300zx with my 620.

i concluded that my problem wouldnt be power/motor related but the additional strain it would add to the already old suspension, rubber pieces etc etc

did you do any reinforcement/strengthening?

that is super awesome! that would be the perfect rig for hauling datsuns. i can't remember where i saw it, but i saw an old ad for a company in augusta, georgia (my hometown coincidentally) that converted 620's into tow trucks. you know any of the history of it? who made it?

You mean this one?

DAT_WRECKER.jpg

DAT_WRECKER2.jpg

DAT_WRECKER3.jpg

BcvGFpQmkKGrHqIOKiwEq4bSsd8jBK1zc3sMQ_12-1.jpg

the history on it was my dads first datsun he ever bought and he made it in to a wreaker when he started his datsun junkyard and he would buy cars and pull them home he parked it in 87 untill i took the bed off and put it on my 1600 about 2 months ago when my dad had it he would pull every thing with it he even pulled a full sized school bus home with it but i couldnt let it sit their and rot so i brought it back to life more pics to come!!

Dont want to jump in and steal anyones thunder, but today i saw one with a for sale sign in huntsville Tx on southbound side of I-45. I had to stop and look after seeing yours on here, they are interesting little trucks. Yours did look to be in better shape.... so out of the only 2 i know exist, yours is the top of the class :thumbup:

the history on it was my dads first datsun he ever bought and he made it in to a wreaker when he started his datsun junkyard and he would buy cars and pull them home he parked it in 87 untill i took the bed off and put it on my 1600 about 2 months ago when my dad had it he would pull every thing with it he even pulled a full sized school bus home with it but i couldnt let it sit their and rot so i brought it back to life more pics to come!!

God deal! I'm glad you're saving your dad's creation.

Does it have a PTO?