Fairlady 240zg Ad

nismo dr

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No it was the standard engine for the PS30 (432) and KPGC10 (GTR Skyline) as skib said. Only 4 432's were bought and used as pursuit cars by the tokyo police force.

Only 4 432's were bought and used as pursuit cars by the tokyo police force.

and badass highway patrol cars they where......

432PoliceCarsSm.jpg

St67b6i88mlgxmq210HvGAqSo1_500.jpg

Iv been collecting data on them for about a year now, eventually planning on a replica build.

• Like 3

Do it skib! I thought about using the paint job on my 73 but my wife talked me out of it lol. Still think they are so bad ass.

Goon thats the artist taking licence for the pic, Idk why. All the 432's I have seen dont have that boot they have the same leather style one as the rest. Also in the pic the steering wheel is the leather wrapped comp wheel, stock I believe the 432 came with the wood wheel the rest of us got.

So really 289zx@541 he needed everything lol. The front is a G nose and the wheels are just hub caps, the same caps that came on the early s30s. Which is interesting because the 432's came with steelies.

Do it skib! I thought about using the paint job on my 73 but my wife talked me out of it lol. Still think they are so bad ass.

Im gong to eventually, with proper interior too.

they had a stop watch type speedo on the pass side for clocking tracking speed,

radio and all that stuff.

10144431z.jpg

10144431ek.jpg

Damn Mike use a mag glass for that one? lol

I'll do ya one better :-P, the clock is the rally clock not a stocker.

This ad is kind of odd when you think about it. The top text is English the bottom is Japanese. The car is RHD but the engine is 2400 which was never released in Japan.

No, the USA didn't have the bumper crash regs until 1973 (2.5 mph) and 1974 (5 mph)...

It was the fact that they were selling every 240Z they could ship to america, they didn't need any special Zs to excite sales. They didn't have enough ships to bring over more.

Ya they even started running out of parts. Thats how the 260z ended up with a mild race "c" cam. Nissan ran out of production cams and decided to hit up the comp dep lol.