Radio's California Trip 2012

Hey dudes and dudettes!

Wife and I will be taking our summer vacay next week. We are heading down to Los Angeles, CA for a week. (3rd visit to LA)

But we've never drove to LA (took Amtrak last 2 times)

We are going to see Foster The People in concert in Las Vegas, that's how this whole trip began really. Never been to Vegas. Salt Lake neither. Billings once. But we really really like California. Portland was my second favorite. (vs Seattle, Chicago, Toronto)

Route is:

July 4 Billings, MT

July 5 Salt Lake City, UT

July 6/7 Las Vegas, NV

July 8/9/10/11/12 Los Angeles, CA

July 13 Salt Lake City, UT

July 14 Billings, MT

If any Ratsuners are interested in a quick meet let me know. I may have time, we have a few things planned, but who knows! Wife likes to shop! I will be driving the Sky. Because its convertible and there will be alot to see.

Radio

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've stayed at the Motel 6 just off hollywood Blvd a couple of times... other than the whores and bedbugs.... and the whores with "bedbugs" it was prefectly fine. make sure you go up on the hill and check out the Getty http://www.getty.edu/museum/ parking is 15 bucks but admin is free and a stunning view of LA- and thers art, but the patio rocks - good for lunch... and go to the Petersen Auto Museum.

Hey Eric, if they make it to La Habra bring them by Whittier ,5 miles from your place , We can take a cruise to Turnbul Canyon nearby with our cars ,I can get my 510 out of garage ,also they can see my cust. and my cars at shop ,make sure you go to Huntington and Newport beaches while they are here,lDisney and Knotts ,Hey we can go to all you can eat Sushi on whittier blvd near by after a safety meeting..My last Canadian friends camped in my yard on cotts. .

Hey all car freaks and other car nuts that do come here ,Skib brought this up ! Pomona is a huge swap meet but not much for imports ,they have a VW.porsche section , If you want all info for show/swaps (I hate So Cal want to move north) www.socalcarculture.com

this site has many things for hotrod people ,high end stuff is at cars and coffee meet in Mission Viejo Sat. morn. I think .Radio get a hold of me for a beer!.

Hey July 8 Sun. morning -Long Beach hi Performance swap at Veteren Stadium ,some import stuff ,pretty big like 1/4 mile square of sellers, a really big swap alot of hotrod and muscle cars.This is smaller than Pomona which is too big to see all in a day almost.Radio if you can convince girlfriend .