Starion with illegal mods, because it's something I'd drive...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, Nice DSM! One of the few Id actually consider owning. Ive always missed my oppurtunities at owning a Conquest or Starion. Someday perhaps... I did convert a D50 once for a customer...

Lol... thanks, BUT...

Not even close to a DSM, Starions (and rebaged Starions [Conquests]) were designed and built completely in Japan before Chrysler got a chance to give Mitsubishi a bad rep.

-Robert

All the ones Ive seen out here had the sticker under the hood... The few I have seen, but Ive heard that before. Ive seen maybe 3 in the yards and 4 on the street... so that explains that.

Almost all of the ones Ive seen were Conquests at that...

EDIT:

I googled!

I have no idea what I saw on those cars, cause you are correct. It would have to have been produced at a plant in Ill in order to be DSM and the Starion/Conquests were not. Now Im confused cause there was a black Conquest Tsi at San Jose Pick N Pull years ago with a DSM tag on the hood. It was the first car that introduced to me the name DSM... I guess if I was really ignorant though Id believe that the locals running MB emblems on their Honda Accords had a Mercedes though right? Oh well. I get to look dumb today! Wont be the last time...

Haha, no problemo, its an all too common mistake.

Please, go forth and spread the righteous word of your newfound enlightenment... lol.

A reading from the book of Mitsubishis:

Yea, though I boost through the valley of the shadow of StarQuests,
I will fear no Evo: For thou g54b art with me;
Thy single cam and thy turbo, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a track before me in the presence of mine Evos;
Thou annointest my cylinder head with oil; My boost runneth over.

-Robert

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

God fucking dammit. My favorite car is a starion. Had a '83 last year sold it to get into Nissans which lead to datsun.... I regret selling that thing. Mint condition. Beautiful narrow body w/ scooped good :'(

a Starquest is at the top of my top 5 cars I wanna own before I die list, 2nd is a 77 celica gt liftback, 3rd is an FD TT rx7, 4th is an awd 3000gt vr4, and 5th is a 240sx. Z's, fc's, fb's, talons, and the like used to be on that list, til I owned each of them.

Thanks, glad you guys like my Supra with a widebody kit!!

SunsetCruise1024.jpg

Great weather today.  Felt like cruising around in the sunset with my daughter, she's almost 2 now.  She was imitating the blow off valve haha.  I always drive by this spot on the way home, but never have had a chance to snap a shot.

-Robert

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

It looks better in pictures lol. Someday I'll not be lazy and do the bodywork. Cool to see the trucks getting lots of love there. Even that orange Mitsu truck was surprising, I'll have to bring mine out.

Yeah, it looked like everyone was walking around most of the time, hard to know the who's who. I did get to meet some 510 guys but they weren't standing anywhere near their cars lol. So yes, hi!!

-Robert

• Like 1