WTB L16 HEADER/GOOD COND. MANIFOLD ASAP!

ive looked around the internet, called summit, jegs, heddman, pacesetter, and hooker... looked on ebay, craigslist, and through this forum... i cant see a quick way to fix this exhaust issue.. after sitting for 30 years i have decided to make my datsun a daily, and promptly sold my little civic for the money i needed to fix it up... and this may be one of the last hurdles for my four door... ill be posting a wtb ad next on ratsun... if you guys have advice or a direction to point me in, please dont be afraid to shoot it out..

thanks - andy

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i ran into a hurdle in my motor install and am having a tough time resolving the issue before my deadline... my stock manifold exit flange is toast... the rest is not in the best condition... i needed to replace it like... yesterday. lol...

Is there a difference between Dime headers & 620's?Other than long tubes.

The truck has to clear the torsion bars, may have an effect.

im not sure... i wouldnt think so... its a 510 truck... what year did you have in mind? mine is a 1970

It's either a PL521 truck or a PL510 car.

Get the cast iron manifold. Fits your pipe, doesn't come loose or rust or leak or need modifying to fit. It's quieter, runs cooler and from $40 down to free, beat that! Only advantage to a header is that it's lighter.

hearervsstockL16-18-1.jpg

521 and 510 and L16 620 truck and L18 610 manifolds will interchange.

my reffrence to the 510 truck was because i dont see a diffrence between the 521 truck and the 510 car till after the rear seats... so i dont think the headers would be any diffrent. lol. i knew the designations.

i eased the problem with the manifold when i got a call from my welder friend, and he told me he was available. i took the old manifold over to his place and used a grinding wheel to kell alot of the rust debris, then took some old 3" piping he had lying around and smashed it with a sledgehammer to make the contours of the manifolds exit holes

4-1.jpg

30.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

that will get me to the exhaust shop, and allow me to drive it till the header comes in and i can have he exhaust done correctly... thanks for that link though man! - whats the corcle looking thing on the number 2 and 3 cyl exhaust tubes for?

im in central california... $85 + shipping sounds great to me... shoot me some pictures, and we can get that started. just for clarity though.. this is for a L16 in my 1970 510 sedan...

- whats the corcle looking thing on the number 2 and 3 cyl exhaust tubes for?

It's a poor attempt at providing warmed air for the air filter snorkel. Totally necessary if you drive in temps below 40F with fog or freezing rain. It's to prevent carb icing. The motor will also run smoother if the temp of the intake air is regulated.

• Like 1
Guest kamakazi620

my reffrence to the 510 truck was because i dont see a diffrence between the 521 truck and the 510 car till after the rear seats... so i dont think the headers would be any diffrent. lol. i knew the designations.

i eased the problem with the manifold when i got a call from my welder friend, and he told me he was available. i took the old manifold over to his place and used a grinding wheel to kell alot of the rust debris, then took some old 3" piping he had lying around and smashed it with a sledgehammer to make the contours of the manifolds exit holes

4-1.jpg

30.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

that will get me to the exhaust shop, and allow me to drive it till the header comes in and i can have he exhaust done correctly... thanks for that link though man! - whats the corcle looking thing on the number 2 and 3 cyl exhaust tubes for?

Why did you ruin that manifold???? You could have taken the mani fold IN to an exhaust shop and they could have made you a downpipe for around $25-40

the manifold was ruined by rust, and believe it or not the bolt areas were bent somewhere during the engine removal due to weakened integrity on the metals part. so its all good. dirttrack510 hooked it up, and ive got a long tube header on its way. next weekend ill have it all welded up with good exhaust. till then its all temporary.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.