Bosozoku-Bippu-Kyusha-Shakotan-Zokusha Car Picture thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Would one of those Soarers be a PITA to import to California? They're in my price range

My money is on impossible.   B)

If you get one that's over 25 years old, it should just be a matter of getting it to pass smog. 

You just need one that's an '86-88 model. 

I was thinking the gen just like those. I don't know what I need to do to get one but, I know it can be done

In California, it is almost impossible to get any cars from Japan to pass smog, especially the desireable ones. Most of the people that you see in California that have these cars have them registered in another state, even some with Cali plates on them ( I know for a fact one person does this just for pictures).

Here is the other thing that I know about importing, it CAN be done by yourself if you have a Japanese translator, However, if your just a regular person, and not an RI (Registered Importer) You are more likely to be subject to the "random" X ray fee, which I believe is about $8,000. Meaning, they X-ray the whole contents of Your container.

Nice! :cool:

I got some used F350 flares this weekend for the green truck. We'll see I can get them to look good.

I'm actually looking into these for the rear and talked to SSAutopower here in the bay area since their a distributor.....still on the ropes but I think I'm going to cop them