Someone is a big fan of a bad movie...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you do that if you're going to go short on the SINGLE PIECE that made the car special for that movie... THE ENGINE!

That's like bragging you own an F-16 jet, but when people come to check it out, it's missing its wings.

Or more importantly the jet engines...

which you can salvage and put in your wifes minivan

Or... the M61 Vulcan cannon... which can mow down millions of zombies with a pull of the trigger..

Yeah, kinda figured this must be one of the "B" cars from the movie. Can't believe anyone would go to that much trouble to build their own replica... :P

I knew a few people that always wanted to do a RB26/2JZ swap in a mustang, on YouTube you will find quite a few 2JZ powered mustangs and a 1000hp 2JZ powered 67 camaro.

2JZ Camaro

2JZ Mustang on the works

I'm sorry but a 13b Nova just seems silly to me. Completely the wrong size for the vehicle it's moving, regardless of power. It's like putting an A12 in a Dodge minivan.

I'm sorry but a 13b Nova just seems silly to me. Completely the wrong size for the vehicle it's moving, regardless of power. It's like putting an A12 in a Dodge minivan.

FWIW, the factory did it. :P

Mazda Roadpacer. Big, heavy, ugly, and a 13b. :lol:

roadpacer.jpg

Mazda Luce. Big, heavy, stylish, and a 13b.

mazda-luce-07.jpg

that is a real one for second unit stunts the rb26 powered car was used mostly for first unit

there were 6 of the stunt versions built 1 rb mustang built

i helped build those cars as well as the outer 130 plus cars used for that movie

So were they all auctioned off after filming then?

The X-bodies aren't nearly as heavy as people think, its why they are popular. They normally are around 3k even with the V8.. If that car was built pre-LS1 days then it was most likely fairly light.. Though I think that nova would be better suited for twisties then straight line. http://www.thestreetfighters.com/2011/03/damn-take-a-72-nova-some-scca-nascar-some-madmax-and-you-got-a-sick-streetfighter/ I really like this.

• Like 1

That car pissed my off in that dumb movie. I am a diehard muslecar enthusiast. You do not rice out a classic. PERIOD!

How is it "riced out"? Not like it has giant chrome wheels and some stupid wing on the back... :confused:

I prefer this to what I've seen done to some of these old cars...

nemesis18.jpg

And technically, it's a "pony car" not a "muscle car". :blush: