Hmm...top this ratsun roadster?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that kinda makes me sad, what a waste of what looks like to be a pretty clean car.
2eDeYe;56338'']Stop the madness :eek:

It's funny how many people say this about other peoples car/truck ideas.

I posted a thread a couple few days ah go titled "thats a huge bitch" of a really nice old Chevy truck that this dude skyjacked and put 52" tires on it:confused::cool: It looked like an old Bigfoot from he early 80's. People say the same things? (we need to look in the mirror)

..It's never a shame or a waste of a good truck or car. It's just what the weirdo had to work with (money or mind):lol:

Trust me, When my NL is done, plenty will say the same thing...

"I would have restored it" or... "what a waste" or...

"it looked like a good truck at one point" But the truth is,

I saved that truck from certain doom and it was never a good truck, it was a rusting p.o.s.

...and it now has more into the tires than what i payed for it:blink:

So maybe thats what this roadster is..."fun" not "waste"?

Annnnnnnnd TIME!:D

01011201150501020320080501b563fbb9237833488800f997.jpg

I dont know about 3g's though?

It wouldn't be so bad if the wheels didn't stick so far out... maybe they should throw on some HUGE swampers to make it look right :rolleyes:

I think they should just stick to jacking up absurdly small cars. Like.. a smart car.. or a mini.. roadster just looks weird jacked up...almost wrong..

Disclaimer: Just because I think someone is crazy, doesn't mean I'm not :D

I can appreciate the effort that goes into some of these creations, but that doesn't mean I understand the reasoning behind them, I guess not everything needs a purpose.

I also think there is a difference between just building something and putting some thought/forethought into the build.

The origonal Bigfoot was far ahead of it's time and drove a completely new industry, pushing engineering boundaries to the monster truck series we see today.

That huge truck will likely park at car shows, be a conversation piece and provide some shade as was mentioned previously (nothing wrong with that, I guess)

Not really a good comparison.

That huge truck has a suspension that probably doesn't do much suspending. ...and the steering that will steer, but for how long considering the mass it's required to move?

Whereas your truck has been well thought out and so far is turning into one sweet machine.

For the record: Bolting a car to a truck frame, IMHO, is not the best way to have a 4x4 car...

Again, all my opinion and we know what they say about that subject. :D

i said what i did because i love roadsters and kinda learned how to drive manual in one. i doubt wheeling in that thing is anymore fun than how fun those things are to drive stock. plus the car has lost a lot of value changing it up. like the fact that my dad just sold his all original roadster for $8k and that was well below BB.

If the wheels were tucked in it would be better, otherwise it will look like it was plopped down on some 4X4 frame. I really like this wagon, it's a fine example:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/carDatsun5104X4two.jpg[/img]"]carDatsun5104X4two.jpg

Here's my rig. It's 14-16" higher than stock and I can crawl under on hands and knees. Is it a waste? I don't think so. I bought it for $75 about 13 years ago and never stopped working on it. It's been lots of fun. And yeah, I liked that huge bitch of a Chevy, but it could have been taller. :D

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/125X33s.jpg[/img]"]125X33s.jpg

If the wheels were tucked in it would be better, otherwise it will look like it was plopped down on some 4X4 frame. I really like this wagon, it's a fine example:

carDatsun5104X4two.jpg

Who owns that lifted wagon?

There was a lifted wagon for sale 8 years ago or so in Half moon bay area (California) for no more than $500.

Wonder where that wagon is now.

Here's another shot:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/carDatson5104X4one.jpg[/img]"]carDatson5104X4one.jpg

Hang 510 might know. I used to have pictures of it that I lost. I posted about it on The Realm and I think he sent me these. They weren't the right ones but it was the right car. I really like it because it's not too insane and is every day functional.