What about daytons and air ride?

So it's 3 am and I decided my ride needs stretched white walls a set of spoke rims and some drop. Who here is running air ride and how much did your set up cost you? Is there a complete kit you can buy and will it require heavy mods to work? I know there are kits for old vws and low rider type cars but I want a functionally low car. What is the cheapest way to lower and still have a decent ride? Not slammed just not monster trucking. I want the wheels poked out and most daytons have a ton of neg offset but I don't want my old crappy shocks slamming the fenders down on the wheels

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a solid axle 210 everything sounds okay except the Daytons.......... on a IRS 510 bags are the stupidest idea I've ever heard

.... I drove my 4dr dragging on the freeway,,, with #225 coilovers .... .. . the reasons you can't go lower will not be solved with bags

• Like 1

On a solid axle 210 everything sounds okay except the Daytons.......... on a IRS 510 bags are the stupidest idea I've ever heard

.... I drove my 4dr dragging on the freeway,,, with #225 coilovers .... .. . the reasons you can't go lower will not be solved with bags

I have no idea how they work it was a 3 am pipe dream ha. It's IRS 210 not the solid axel and leafs like the b210. I just want it a few inches lower or atleast not so bouncy that my wheels get shredded by my fenders. This car is just a cruiser. Is there any way to just set ride Height and not let it get lower? Would bump stops be sorta the thing I'm after? They just paved all the roads around me super smooth can I just not have suspension and deal with the bumps? I know ride will suck but at 20mph would it be that shitty?

wow such positivity...

• Like 1

I own a set of 13x5.5 true daytons, and a set of 13x7 LA Wires...both with 185/80/13 white walls. But they where on 620s. the 13x5.5s actually tucked and I was running hydraulics all 4 corners....

this is my old Isuzu with the 13X7 and a 620 wuth 13x 5.5s...not my 620 but it looked real simluar...

juicedPup5.jpg

lorder620.jpg

An IRS 210? Well, that'd be rare (and expensive). Every 210 (B310) I've seen had a live (solid) axle. 4-link with coil springs, but still not IRS.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that's what I meant

As for Daytons, which stereotype are you attempting to emulate?

None so far Itll probably end up as an ugly beach ride. The parts list so far is a hodge podge of random stuff. I like the white wall and wires look but I'm leaning a tad towards bosozoku mixed with woody surf mobile

If thats the "look" yer going for try some 13" Cragar 4 spoke SS wheels WAYY more Old School and OG than the baby Ds

Have them some 2000 miles away but would love to run em but shipping would be a bitch. The daytons are only 300 bucks plus brand new tires. Not bad in my price range

downsized_0501011616-1.jpg

So it's 3 am and I decided my ride needs stretched white walls a set of spoke rims and some drop. Who here is running air ride and how much did your set up cost you? Is there a complete kit you can buy and will it require heavy mods to work? I know there are kits for old vws and low rider type cars but I want a functionally low car. What is the cheapest way to lower and still have a decent ride? Not slammed just not monster trucking. I want the wheels poked out and most daytons have a ton of neg offset but I don't want my old crappy shocks slamming the fenders down on the wheels

I have no idea how they work it was a 3 am pipe dream ha. It's IRS 210 not the solid axel and leafs like the b210. I just want it a few inches lower or atleast not so bouncy that my wheels get shredded by my fenders. This car is just a cruiser. Is there any way to just set ride Height and not let it get lower? Would bump stops be sorta the thing I'm after? They just paved all the roads around me super smooth can I just not have suspension and deal with the bumps? I know ride will suck but at 20mph would it be that shitty?

Take a look under your 210 and you will see that you do indeed have a NON-IRS rear end under it.

Bouncy rear end? = totally worn out shocks. If you simply mean the body is hitting the tires then get ones that fit inside the wheel arch just like the ones that came with the car. Your rims and tires are the wrong width (and/or) the wrong offset. Get rims that are wider but offset inside the fender. Using an over wide rim and stretching a narrower tire on it to fit the fender is.... well, it makes no sense whatever.... why not simply get the correct rims.

Daytons? well whatever. '70/'80s rims are not old enough to be classic or respectable yet. They will look like you took them off a van or Grand Prix. They make bling look good.

That's my car back in Washington the daytons are for my Maui datsun 210 hatch. And I think by IRS I meant it had 4 corner shocks as opposed to leafs in the rear and mcphearson up front like on my b210. It's still solid axel just crappy shocks.

The fronts are struts which are a combined shock absorber and coil spring. The rear is a 4 link to position the complete axle assy and separate coil springs to support the body and shock absorbers.

All springs store and immediately release energy from bumps. They will keep bouncing until the energy dissipates. The shock absorber uses this suspension travel in both directions to push fluid through a small hole. The faster this is done the harder it becomes and so the shock absorber dampens movement quickly.

If your car is bouncing the shocks need replacing. An air bag is just another form of spring and softer or stiffer, it's still going to bounce with worn shocks on it.

The fronts are struts which are a combined shock absorber and coil spring. The rear is a 4 link to position the complete axle assy and separate coil springs to support the body and shock absorbers.

All springs store and immediately release energy from bumps. They will keep bouncing until the energy dissipates. The shock absorber uses this suspension travel in both directions to push fluid through a small hole. The faster this is done the harder it becomes and so the shock absorber dampens movement quickly.

If your car is bouncing the shocks need replacing. An air bag is just another form of spring and softer or stiffer, it's still going to bounce with worn shocks on it.

Off to napa I go getting the daytons tomorrow I'll post pictures

• 2 weeks later...

And pictures are... Where?

I don't mind wire-spoke wheels... I've considered doing them on my 521 as well. There was a set recently selling here for $150 for all four... They needed some cleaning, but I figure they would've looked good if taken apart and repainted, especially if the rim and hub were one colour, and the spokes another (white spokes with black rim and hub, maybe?). I never ended up buying them, but I've entertained the idea.

But, back to the topic at hand... Did you get the new struts/shocks, and did it help? And where are the pictures? :P