Portland Swap meet

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We go every year but stay mostly at PIR because prices are more reasonable.. About 1/3 of the Expo buildings are going to be closed this year because of some theater group thing going on the same day..

And some pictures from last year here...

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30196-portland-swap-meet/

it sucks they have both swap meets so far a part this year

It's always this way. They run a free shuttle bus from Expo over to PIR. Take a BMX bike and a backpack if you go to the track. It's a long way around if you buy a starter within the first half mile.

• 2 weeks later...

I hit up both and saw pretty much nothing Datsun... I walked the PIR track all the way around and saw one truck and at Expo a sold roadster. I didn't walk all of the EXPO as I ran out of time, so there may be something I didn't see, but it's got much better variety and a ton of stuff. It's incredibly huge... Even with Cirque taking up a bit of the lot, it will kill your feet before you'd be able to walk the whole entire thing, especially if you walk the track first. If you are looking for something specific, it may take a whole day to walk both of them.

It's almost exclusively american muscle and antique rides and parts, with cheap tools, some atvs and dirt bikes, and various junk and antiques mixed in.

I walked the whole expo, and found the one sold roadster, I talked to the new owner a few minutes.

While I was outside on the west side of the buildings walking around, for some reason I looked in a box in front of a stall, and there was a 521 red rear marker light lense/housing, then there was another, and they looked good, while digging around I seen a shit front yellow marker that was broken, and then I seen the treasure, an injection pump controller, complete with control arm, I dug a little deeper and found two glow plug relays, and the weird thing is that all this was in the $1.00 each box, SCORE!

Next I went to the PIR swap area on my bike, you miss a lot on a bike, including a lot of people, anyway I seen some 280Z badges, and two 620 hubcaps the were both dented(small), and while heading back out towards the exit, a SU caught my eye, so I parked the bike and walked back towards the box, there were 3 loose SU type carbs, nothing I am familiar with, and right there in the middle of all them loose carbs(hollys, edelbrocks, ect.) was a complete smog SU setup, manifold, heat shield, flat top carbs and linkage, I looked them over real close, they looked complete, but they have issues I beleave, first thing I noticed was the fuel mixture screws on the bottom were not set the same, therefore the choke arms wouldn't return to the same level, second thing I noticed was there were springs connected to both the lower hoses going up to the dome, this made me think that the choke cables wouldn't return to the un-choked position without help, this made me thing the carbs are wore out, but nothing was frozen, everything moved easily, and all the smog stuff was there to the best of my knowlege.

The setup was very dirty/dusty, like they have been sitting on a shelf for a very long time, I was going to offer them $50.00 for it, I asked what they wanted for it, he told me $75.00, then I seen the $150.00 price on a piece of cardboard, and realized he had halfed his price, so I just left them there as I didn't need them, and IMO they were only worth $50.00 to me, and I beleave someone will give them $75.00 for it.

I can't explain where they are, as they were with a bunch of carbs in a box, which would discribe every fifth stall there at PIR, there were carbs everywhere, and I forgot to get the stall number.

If you were to go north after entering the PIR area, and follow the road back into a remote area where there are trees on your left, and most the stalls are on the right, there is a gaurd rail on the left near the trees, keep following the road till you seen a road branch off to the left, don't take that road, but on the left a ways farther is where I found the dual SU setup.

If you are interested in the setup, PM me, I will give you my number, and if you can't find it, call me and I will ride over and find them if they are still there. wayno

Mt some cool cats, mostly bre-fly, but the whole z therapy guys hung out in my booth for an hour or so petting the dog lol.

I was 1470-71, had a few scores, but there gifts for fellow ratholes so I cant share just yet (no hints nanaham! Lol)

I was 1470-71, had a few scores, but there gifts for fellow ratholes so I cant share just yet (no hints nanaham! Lol)

:ninja:

So posting a oic of your cart as you were walking away is outta the question??

Didn`t see anything anybody would want cuz i know how you guys hate LSDs ..

datsun522271.jpg

datsun522270.jpg

lots and lots of sets of chevy rallys

datsun522269.jpg

And other crappy styles of aluminum wheels,,,yuk

datsun522263.jpg

datsun522265.jpg

13inch wide six lug wheels gross

datsun522275.jpg

datsun522274.jpg

And a wagon ( not for sale ) with meshies .

datsun522272.jpg

But i did find a more powerful motor for you J and A guys to transplant into your cars.

datsun522262.jpg

And a chevy ,,,,,,, :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: ...and yes there was that many braided hoses in there..

:rofl:

:rofl:

datsun522276.jpg

recap. Only spent 3 hours on Friday at the Portland (didn't get to the PIR swap meet)

one booth had two 510 4-speeds and what looked like an L-series 5-speed -- $25 each

Saw a silver SOLD 1600 roadster

20120413145651DSC06253.jpg

1995 Nissan IRS

20120413143103DSC06250.jpg

Just in case you need a rear axle assembly for your 1937 Nissan ...

20120413151039DSC06254.jpg

59 photos mostly-non Nissan at http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm219/ddgonzal/Portland%20Swap%20Meet/2012/#!cpZZ3QQtppZZ16

including this 1970 Cony (by Aichi Machine, the company that makes a lot of Datsun engines & transmission and assembled some Datsuns)

20120413154856DSC06286.jpg

V8 power, rear engine, rear drive with original 5" ring gear

And this L-series Cannon single sidie with Dellorto carburetor

20120413162434DSC06302.jpg