Cheap reproduction bumpers

metalmonkey47

http://www.partstrain.com/store/details/Replacement/Bumper/660.html?location=Front

Seriously? This has got to be too good to be true. Must be made out of tin foil.

Doubt it, but has anyone ever used one of these? I recall seeing a post about a hood from this site that has been discontinued in the last month, so I figure maybe this is just extra stock they are selling off to get off of shelves?

Either way, I ordered one. Only cost me $53, so if it sucks, at least it's better then my crunched up one.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.partstrai...?location=Front

Seriously? This has got to be too good to be true. Must be made out of tin foil.

Doubt it, but has anyone ever used one of these? I recall seeing a post about a hood from this site that has been discontinued in the last month, so I figure maybe this is just extra stock they are selling off to get off of shelves?

Either way, I ordered one. Only cost me $53, so if it sucks, at least it's better then my crunched up one.

Is this for a 620 truck?

I got one of those cheapies from JC Whitney back in the early 90s. It bolted up fine, but it had gotten flattened during shipping so it never fit right, and the ends look really funky. I wasn't able to get the rubber fillers on the ends off the old bumper (the bolt snapped off but broke the bracket part too) so I don't have anything there. The bumper I took off wasn't original, as my Dad got in a wreck the day I was born, but it was whatever they used in 1974 as a replacement was a lot heavier than the JC Whitney one. Still have that one, but the chrome peeled off it by 1980, so it looked like garbage.

IMAG1306.jpg

IMAG1307.jpg

IMAG1308.jpg

I've decided I like it! For the price, you can't beat it. Feels just like the one on the truck, from what I can tell it's identical in every way (except much shinier.)

My only complaints are that it has small scratches all across the top and bottom lips. The chrome is cheap, but nice. I figure I can polish it out with some oil and steel wool. It may cost me more to ship this back and get a replacement then it would to just order another. All in all, very happy with it for the price.

We'll see how it fits soon. Just waiting for a few more pieces.

Edited by metalmonkey47

I ordered inner and outer tie rods, idler arm and inner handle trim. I have tracking numbers for three of the items so far and a confirmation number for the 4th. I will have a thread once I get the items and am ready to install. They say they are moog parts but will see.

For those of you who got this- does it show where the bumper was made? (just curious :) )

Unfortunately, they don't indicate country of origin on the packaging or shipping, but I"ll call and ask, since I'm calling about some parts anyways.

Also, I ordered a new grill and valence, so we'll see how that goes!

I once made a thread about the plastic valance and some people ordered it and it is metal.

Yeah its metal and bolts right up. only thing off is the holes for the screws on the marker lights, but t hat was a minior inconvienence

i have bought a fender, hood, bumper and front valance from parts train. The fender was a job to make fit correctly and the hood will take some adjusting to get a good fit, but i am happy with all the parts.