Wheel Fitment problem?

I just picked up a pair of Western mesh wheels for my 510 Goon. I put one wheel on to test fit it and my problem is the studs don't go past the lug holes, I can get my stock lug nuts on, but barley where they are basically just hanging there.

So I was thinking maybe somehow get longer studs?

Or some kind of tapered lug nuts?

What do you guys think I should do? Any suggestions?

-Derek

Stock wheels

IMG_05451.jpg

You can see here how it doesn't go past...

IMG_05591.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help with your wheel issue but, that's a real cream puff there! Nice looking car!!

Anymore pictures to show?

Thanks, i wouldn't say its a 'cream puff" though :rofl: .Here is the build thread, The Pics on the build thread are before I buffed the paint out.

http://community.rat...__fromsearch__1

Yes longer studs is definetly an option

and shank style wheel nuts or combination of whatever works ...

Wheel stud should stick into the lug nut as much as possible

A few threads ... is not good enough ... do it proper and be safe.

Nice wheels :thumbup:

good luck

Yes longer studs is definetly an option

and shank style wheel nuts or combination of whatever works ...

Wheel stud should stick into the lug nut as much as possible

A few threads ... is not good enough ... do it proper and be safe.

Nice wheels :thumbup:

good luck

Thanks man, I think I am gonna go for the shank style lug nuts.

Got the wheels for a steal "$100" with about 70 Percent tread left B)

You got a steal man! :thumbup:

Yeah, the only downside was I had to drive to Albany from Portland about 70 miles, But well worth it.

I got them from a shop up there and he has some crazy stuff in there including the new generation supra. Also had three 510s, two white goons, and a 2 door with a SR turbo. Also had a super clean z. Had a bunch of Nissan's. The weird thing was he was like a little shop behind some buildings, I drove right past it twice till I actually saw it.

He said he has lots of Datsun parts, If anybody needs anything, I am trying to find out the name now, I forgot it...

Were there any wheels that were worth the trip? Maybe I can hit it up during the summer and then I can go to the Enchanted Forest while Im down there. Bumper boats!

He didn't have anything that is very hard to find, but did have a weird set of Enkei's I have never seen before. They were deep dish with a smooth straight lip, and had a star type pattern kinda like Work equip 03's but the lines of the star were in a wavey type shape.

Derek,

When you buy the shank style lug nuts make sure to get the correct shank OD and length.

The OD needs to fit the diameter of the hole in the wheel. To big that won't fit into the wheel, too small and they will loosen up.

Also make sure the shank length is not longer that the thickness of the wheel. If the shank bottoms on the hub before clamping on the wheel the wheel will never be tight and will eventually fall off.

McGard is a brand name that sells a number of lug nuts. Check places like Summit Racing or Jegs for lugnuts. M12x 1.25 is the thread for an OE 510 stud which may be hard to find locally.

what Dave said

Derek,

When you buy the shank style lug nuts make sure to get the correct shank OD and length.

The OD needs to fit the diameter of the hole in the wheel. To big that won't fit into the wheel, too small and they will loosen up.

Also make sure the shank length is not longer that the thickness of the wheel. If the shank bottoms on the hub before clamping on the wheel the wheel will never be tight and will eventually fall off.

Should have pass on these. Shank type suck. UNless the prevois owner still has them otherwise forget it.

• 2 weeks later...