disc on rear for 510

oldgasman

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The master will have the bore size on the side. It's preferable to get the 15/16 off of the early ZX, but I have the 7/8 from a Z. The 15/16 is getting very hard to find.

I have ZX brakes all around. I race my car at the track a few times a year without fade or any issues and the sessions are from 20-25 minutes. I'm quite satisfied with the braking power and feel.

• 2 weeks later...

We use Aaron's (ratsun screen name "compression") rear disk brackets on all our cars. http://www.datsuns.c...510brackets.htm

You can PM him here, or email him engineered.datsun@gmail.com

The problem with those brackets is, is that it is hard as FUCK to find a 200sx or Maxima at a junkyard & even less in the NE. Parts stores barely carry anything for them anymore. I noticed that CXRacing has made caliper brakcets for the 510 with 240sx brakes, but I cant find anyone on here that uses them to get any info.

The problem with those brackets is, is that it is hard as FUCK to find a 200sx or Maxima at a junkyard & even less in the NE. Parts stores barely carry anything for them anymore. I noticed that CXRacing has made caliper brakcets for the 510 with 240sx brakes, but I cant find anyone on here that uses them to get any info.

i make any brackets all cnc machine maxima wilwood or 240sx i have them on stock e-mail me at krecs1@hotmail.com

thanks

i took a bansaw and cut the mounting bracket off a 280zx thru the hub then put the rotor on the 510 hub floated the brake where i wanted it to sit,then cut the 280zx bracket to sit on top of the 510 back plate weld and have no problems in the 5 years of heavy breaking

zxbrakeswap001.jpg

zxbrakeswap003.jpg

when i did my disk conversion i had my friend make me some brackets, came out sweet too!!. i'm running the small 200sx brake booster, 280zx 15/16" master, SS lines(picture was before the ss lines installed), 280zx cross drilled and vented rotors, 280zx calipers on all 4 corners w/ porter field pads. stopping power is just awesome!!!!

my next move will be to go all Wilwood, :D

510suspension008.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this is exactly the thread i needed... my Lazarus project is in desperate need of attention in this field... so, the desirable car to get donor front brakes and the master cylinder from would be a 200sx (what year?) or 280zx (1978-1983), and what brakes would you PREFER to be running on the rear if you wanted to go disc?(maxima, 200sx, 240sx, 240zx) im a bit confused... i like the link(s) for the brackets listed above... good stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...