Datsun Scale model builder

I never thought someone was this good as this guy, back when I was a kid I use to love putting scale model cars together I'm thinking of doing it again. The first car I build was a lowrider 63 chevy impala ss. I wish I still had it cause I put my pride and joy into it but one of ex gf that knew how draw really good was suppose to help me sand it and repaint it never gave it back. :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWscUoRLxHo&sns=em

Follow the rest of the videos as he finishes building this 240z. Who here on Ratsun builds scale models?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dig this guy shiz...some of it is repetitive because he sells them but ...check it out

check out his real project section too...cuz he also builds real hot rods ,, which are mostly badass gasser type things..

http://www.wolfie427.com/rustyanddistressed.html

That's an amazing build. I love Tamiya kits,but they're expensive.I want to built some of those Japanese truck kits,but even the 1/32nd ones are $30.

wish I could wire and plumb and engine like that,but I can't see well enough and I'm not coordinated either.

Thanks for posting!

I really dig this guy shiz...some of it is repetitive because he sells them but ...check it out

check out his real project section too...cuz he also builds real hot rods ,, which are mostly badass gasser type things..

http://www.wolfie427.com/rustyanddistressed.html

That's awesome

That's an amazing build. I love Tamiya kits,but they're expensive.I want to built some of those Japanese truck kits,but even the 1/32nd ones are $30.

wish I could wire and plumb and engine like that,but I can't see well enough and I'm not coordinated either.

Thanks for posting!

I use to be able to order scale models from Japan from a place here called Al's Toys $ Cycles but they stop doing it. I used to have a R390 Le mans race car, a Nissan Skyline GT-R R34.

i built the r34 tamiya kit and was disappointed there was no engine detail at all for 30 bucks why could they not hace out the engine detail in there?

True there was a lot missing with mine, I had a GT R34 car that I later trade for a rare Nismo Z-Tune R34 which after I gave away to a good friend of mine I think he still to the day hasnt touched it!

Watching that build makes me want models of just the engines! I've bought some rare models to sell, but haven't gotten around to it. One is the original monogram black widow model from the 60's. Ultra rare because it has a electric motor. The other is one of those crazy big super detailed models of a antique Mercedes where you assemble the engine down to the pistons. Tons of tiny metal screws.

I have one of those Tamiya Z kits and I bought a resin kit to convert it to the BRE Z. One of many projects to go!

ModelMess005.jpg

Hoarder! :lol: I'm almost as bad as you are. Never going to build them all.

About Tamiya kits- a lot of them are curbsides-they have no engines. Maybe some detail on the chassis. Not sure why they do that.

What you painting body with ??

7 coats of duplicolor metalcast blue (gets darker as you ad coats) over duplicolor silver

paint.jpg

I have one of those Tamiya Z kits and I bought a resin kit to convert it to the BRE Z. One of many projects to go!

ModelMess005.jpg

got any kits you wanna part with? lol my next project is 1/400 scale titanic

Do a little of the model kit building myself. Nothing to show right now, but there is a guy over on the JNC website that scratchbuilds and resin casts a bunch of nissan motors. He finished a Fairlady roadster with a scratchbuilt OS Gilken head. He is working right now on an SR20 with turbo and the whole she-bang. I have bought a couple of his engine kits(22R and 3TGTE) and they are top notch stuff. Here is the thread with some of his work. It is mostly towards the end.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=111

modelcarround2001.jpg

Did this one back when I was off for a few weeks after back surgery. I have a real car to go with it. I did alot of model building back when I was kid. Late 60's early 70's

I've got a 1/350 scale Titanic and a 1/350 Lusitania also...just gotta find the time..lol

thats the scale i wanted but for 20 extra bucks for the same level of detail i said fuck it i wanted to get it built before 4/15/12 but its just not in the cards i would love to do the lusitania old ships are something i really like especially when there under water

• 4 weeks later...