Hey guys! Been lurking for about a year and just now got a reason to post. I bought an all original 1978 510 wagon. Round headlights, fold-down rear seat, 3-speed automatic mated to what I'm pretty sure is an L20. I haven't been able to find any forums dedicated to these cars, and I know they aren't loved as much due to the smaller production run and the lack of aftermarket support. I've named her "Maggie - The Sandy Banana". She is banana yellow and as awesome as can be. 150k on the clock and slightly rusty. Good floorboards though. I have pics(oics), but haven't uploaded them to a hosting site due to lack of Internet.

I have a few questions that need to bs researched before I ask them, so those will wait. What I do need to ask is: Will the wheels from a 1985 Celica fit on my car? It's a 4X114.3, 14X7, with a +8 offset. I'm not slamming it, but will be dropping it in the near future. I'm still looking for tire options to keep from ruining my ride quality while giving me the clearance and look I want.

This forum is awesome, and I hope to get "goon squad" and "ratsun" stickers soon.

Thanks in advance

Charles

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No his datsun's name is "Maggie - The Sandy Banana" so that is why I said I wanted to see pictures of his banana way to make something I said dirty when I was just talking about his car...or was I??

But seriously only pictures of your car no pictures of your banana

Totally cracked up right now. You guys are hilarious. Unfortunately for those of you looking to see my "banana", and you know who you are, I will only be exposing that to my wife. As for Maggie, if you don't mind the crappy cell phone pics, here she is:

As I got her:

CharliesiPhone123.jpg

CharliesiPhone125.jpg

CharliesiPhone127.jpg

Don' t mind the guitar, its a project for my anniversary

CharliesiPhone128.jpg

Before cutting a coil

CharliesiPhone124.jpg

After:

CharliesiPhone136.jpg

Celica Wheel Mounted

CharliesiPhone134.jpg

There she is, a little crusty, a little rusty, but mine finally. Now all I need to do is change my profile name......